Best DAW/Audio Software for Beginners

Discussion in 'DAW' started by hsaskbb, Sep 24, 2021.

1. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Unless the software calling itself a DAW does not do what it claims by calling itself that, then they all do the same critical functions needed to fulfil that label. As for 'new and improved features' - each has its own idiosyncrasies and if it is a landmark feature, the rest will have it in one shape or form fairly quickly. I never saw any worthwhile outcome from debates like 'My DAW is better than your DAW', which we both seem to have said more than once in one way or another on many threads.
    For centuries, people have chosen what suits them, their workflow and lifestyle in everything. I cannot see why people think various software would be any different unless it does not do the job at all?
    :winker:

As an example - I remember buying an 808 drum machine and later an SR16.
    They had a function but seriously, they sounded like shit for the greater part. Nowadays, people with new technology have got them sounding better than they ever did in real life. BUT they performed a function. Better? Worse? Neither. The SR16 had the then 'new' reverb and gated Phil Collins drums sounds. But they both did the same non-human thing. :)

2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

?
    My quote about tutes was nothing to do with whatever you are talking about or trying say...

3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I probably should have gone through each post and compiled quotes. Limited time... which is good.. for the best of reasons. Later

4. Smoove Grooves

Or quoted something relevant from someone that goes with whatever you are saying.
    Please don't just randomly quote something of mine and tag me to come here when it isn't relevant to me.
    Thanks.

5. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

6. Ankit

Ankit Guest

For beginners, FL Studio is too much to handle. I would advice starting out with Ableton Live. Ableton is a minimal DAW, less features, minimal GUI, etc. And like FL, Ableton's got lots of tutorials on youtube.

7. Smoove Grooves

And like every daw is represented in YT tutes! Possibly even equally!
    We learnt our daws way better before YT came in 2005, please believe!
    If you feel someone has to watch YT videos to learn a daw's basics, then how simple is that daw for beginners? :no:
    Imo, YT tute help is not a way to gauge what daw to go with...
    Plus, there are some absolutely laughable videos out there; not to be trusted! lol

8. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Youtube makes learning quick and easy. Learning a DAW can be trusted on youtube. Same can't be said for learning production, mixing & mastering skills.

9. Smoove Grooves

@MaximalMinimal Please explain verbally what you dislike...
    As should be done if I ask you...
    Agree with that part. So true.