Best Companies in Tutorials

Discussion in 'Education' started by OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef, Feb 18, 2014.

1. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

As tutorials have become a hot market for many, its hard to split the shit from the shiners. Hence the following question:

What is your favourite site/company for tutorial videos?

Maybe someone with more experience in such could give a breakdown of what company/site is best for what product/type of tutorial, etc.

I personally want to learn more about Logic X (as well as more about all my NI products, waves products, and izotope products i have). Not just one aspect, but ALL of their aspects.

Ive used it (logic and NI stuff) for a while but it seems like there is always more you can do with it than you realize so i would personally like to take advantage of all it offers.

Thanks to all

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I like Groove3, Lynda and MacProVideo. Between them you'll have pretty much all your bases covered. I find their tutorials are more in-depth than you get with some competitors.

4. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Who makes manuals anymore! :rofl:

That itself is a lost art. But sometimes the instructions/manuals dont go as in depth or word it as comprehensible as another human may be able to explain it. Cause sheesh, at that point you already own their product, what more do they care?! i say that humourously, but mildly serious as well (with some companies).

5. kearnsy

kearnsy Banned

As mentioned above, but a lot of the time I use Youtube too, you get a lot of tips and different techniques of doing things from different people all over the world

As they say in music....you never stop learning

6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I disagree. Of course manuals are necessary but, with programs even some plugins with complex GUIs video tutorials help a lot to learn way faster than the manuals and easier. Not in all the areas, of course.

My favs are Groove3 and Lynda. Youtube is also very helpful for learn or resolve certain things.

7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

On this.

I agree of course when you say VTs are a good complement to manuals. But before saying that your firsts comments are clearly underestimating them.

Greetings :grooves:

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

No

Neither.

I don't want debate this anymore. I respect you, I only disagree with you. End of the debate for my part.

Regards =D

9. savadious

savadious Ultrasonic

I just opened my new Native Instruments Maschine Studio this week and spent at least 10 minutes looking online to see if it was true.... NO MANUALS INCLUDED !

Then I spent another 30 minutes trying to record 4 bars of music...

Then.... I remembered one of the online tutorial makers mentioned in the 2nd post by Catalyst... I had actually signed up during their holiday promo for $15 a month... and FORGOT I EVEN SUBSCRIBED :bow:

Time to watch some tuts !

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Well, as an end to this little mess: I didn't pretend to bother or confuse you. My explanation, although short, I think is clear enough. But I can be wrong. I make mistakes every day (even more when writing in English is involved LoL). And, again, I can be wrong in my disagreement. I don't pretend to have the reason, is just one opinion.

Friends and I invite you to a beer :mates: :wink:

11. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

It's been said but Groove3 has great tutorials. Not sure if they cover everything you want but for what I've needed things we're explained easily and pretty in depth and logically. Enough so that I've actually purchased them because their product is good enough to warrant it.

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

One company that once I thought they made the best videotuts but has disappointed me lately: Ask Video.

13. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Another vote for Groove3
    And there is a ton of stuff for Logic 9/8 that is still relevant

14. leolux29

leolux29 Newbie

Hey there, Nice post! Let me share something with you ...

I started making music in 2011 and I went out there (in the web) and looked for some tutorial videos to learn how to make EDM (progressive house). From tutorials to tutorials, I got more passionated about it and went crazy about the tutorials, It's been 2 years since when and I had watched nearly every course out there about EDM production, Dynamics, Massive, Live8, Live9, Logic9, Logic10 etc...

so my verdict is:

Groove3, Sonic Academy, Ask Video, Mac tutorials are standard bullshit. They all pre-made courses and they are not making anything from scratch... The only good thing is: They are quick, they have plenty of options and they have the latest tutorials about the latest stuffs put there but you won't learn anything else after a while. Its just the same from time to time...

My Fav are:

Lynda for Dynamics, reverb and Delay. The presenter reads everything from a board but It all makes sense to me and They were the only ones who could teach dynamics and I bloody understood it. I keep this one in my harddisk!

DMP (dance music production) tutorials are also great, They presenter does everything from scratch, some tutorials are damn long but worth your time :) I love the arrangement tutorials....

Audio School Online - Lewis really knows a lot of stuff and He gives some advices people won't simply give in any course besides I kind of like the way he talks to his listeners.

The rest, ( You can watch if you have time but don't bother fi you don't...

Good luck

:wink:

Attached Files:

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i have Sonic Academy here - 90-95% of their content. its pretty good for learning ableton fast.

Groove3 and their Plugins explained - love it.

Macprovideo has some awesome tutorials, the one about how doing a Rock track we awsome. they also have a lot non EDM based tutorials.
    that max4live series was outstanding.

AskVideo - dont know seems to be part of macprovideo somehow, also pretty series, like NI Products explained.

www.pyramind.com and their free Tutorials, one of the best are the Jaytech ones.

have around 230GB Tutorials here.

16. Cifrocco

Cifrocco Newbie

I find the best teachers are Alex U. Case, Eli Krantzberg, and some others I can't remember their names right now. Eyal Levi is good, too. The Trance Mastery series is good, except for the opening and closing annoying splash screens at every video that really starts to grate on the nerves. Also very annoying is Olav Basoski and Bill Burgess. Just awful speakers.

17. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I forgot to mention Dance Music Production. Good series. *yes*