Best cloud service and app for cloning PC SSD,HDD 1:1 to new PC

Discussion in 'PC' started by Ritchie, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Ritchie

Ritchie Member

Dear Audio lovers,

I need your help finding the best way to clone my complete current data to my new PC. I'm gonna need to clone a 500GB SSD and 3 TB HDD to 3x 2TB separate SSD's... I know couldn't be more complicated. The biggest issue is I won't be able to have both PC's with me at the same time. I think the best solution for me would be a cloud service. What about all those krkkd apps can I upload them to a cloud ? Please advise I really need to have them files 1:1 moved. Any tip would be helpful.

Thanks

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Using "cloud services" for machine builds? Nope. Not here. Best advice - forget about "cloud" anything and grab a version of acronis that does bare metal restore. Make a complete image of the old system to a LOCAL hard drive or SSD. Then WALK that drive over to the new PC connect up and do a restore to the new hardware. You'll most likely have a few settling-in adjustments to make (hardware drivers mostly) but that shouldn't take long. A much safer & more secure method. Also, if the new hardware is to be used for production purposes, I would suggest NO INTERNET connection of any kind.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Ritchie

Ritchie Member

That's what I thought I'll have to get an extra hdd. I use internet on my production PC with in/out comms kept tidy. Never heard of acronis can you help me what product should I use from them ? Never used anything other than Win backup... Pls dm me if you want/can I'd really appreciate the help thanks

5. Worn Soles

Worn Soles Ultrasonic

+1 for Acronis True Image. I've got the 2021 version and it's great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

For starters, yes as others have said, Acronis is the way to go., but I have some questions before I can advise you exactly which type of route you need to go down.

Was that 1 x 3 TB hard drive or 3 x 1TB hard drives you have?

also, what operating system are you currently using and what will the new build have?

Is the 500gb drive used as the operating system ?

Oh and are any of the drives using partitions?

7. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

8. Ritchie

Ritchie Member

A 500gb SSD is used for operating system the remaining 2.5TB is on HDD I've managed to keep the SSD and HDD I'm just gonna have to clone it to my new SSD's somehow (3x2TB) wonder how to 'split' that 2.5TB data between 2x 2TB SSD's

9. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

One method I use a lot to manage stuff is symlinks.
    I have my Daw Libraries on several drives, but symlink them all into a main "Daw Lib 1" folder on one drive.
    I do the same with Symlinks for lots of stuff. Link in my signature for a handy program.

I agree Acronis is good, but i have used EASUS Todo Backup for many years.
    I for syncing data i love Free File Sync (I paid a donation because I could finally afford to - LOL)
    I mirror my drives...particularly useful for stuff that isn't going to compress in a backup, like all my archives of programs, pictures,etc
    https://freefilesync.org/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List