Best Budget Soundcard?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by pamjadi, Sep 8, 2015.

1. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

I use pre sonus audio box, have for 4 years now, no probs but for the money I also used and have Icon Cube, cheap and very very good.

2. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Nope. Not at all. My 2i2 works perfectly!

3. What is the budget for your budget interface?

4. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

check your hearing !

presonus audiobox usb

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Audient id14 or the bigger iD22 nothing comes close in this price braket!

but like the others sugested. be sure about the errors of your signalpath now ;)

6. pamjadi

pamjadi Newbie

Have you guys head or personally tested UR242? seems like it's in the same price rage but it's newer as I understood!

Thanks for the comment buddy, How much latency do you get with it?
    Looks coool, must be coool, I like ittt ... must buy it but not now :( ... thank you buddy

Thanks man, Appreciate the info.

7. pamjadi

pamjadi Newbie

Everything is checked bro, have got hearing problems but not that sort. even the store had checked my return and agreed with the problem.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestin, I appreciate it.

Thanks for suggestion bro, yea I read about Audient as a few min ago and I liked it but price is a bit higher

Everything checked clear sir :>

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

well.. now that you mention it mister, I did see the UR-242 just tonight on a cable buying run....
    frankly what it looks like to me is a slighty different UR-22 , but in a substantially higher price point.. the one i saw $199
    vs. $139 new for the UR-22

this is just an uneducated guess, but it looks like a money grab more than anything else, unless they have substantially
    upgraded the pres, or put some more software in the package, I would still go with a good used UR-22 and see if you like
    it, score it for $50 or so, OR go do your homework on the 2 units..side by side compare if you can...

hate to be cynical, but from the box cover it looks very much the same, ... how does the old saying go. . ?

Never judge a USB interface by the box cover... :hillbilly:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

the old edirol interfaces are still dope too (I still own a edirol ua 25 and a ex 25)
    solid case, these things never malfunctioned.

10. miuro

miuro Noisemaker

I bought a tascam US 16x08: usb, 16 analog input (8 xlr with phantom + 8 line), 8 analog outputs. Good sound and efficiency. Less than 300 €

11. if you are using (or plannin' to use) any cubase version newer than the 5, i hardly reccomend you to take a look at the Steinberg CI2+
    very nice interface with integrated AI controllers... rather than that you can always go easy with any (2xIn or more) presonus or focusrite that fit your budget...

it's basically the same thing, the only differences are the ipad compatibility, some onboard fx and a pair of rear line inputs...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

Well I can hear a volume difference at very low levels. My left channel seems to be louder than the right one. But this only happens if I turn the volume all the way down to like 2-3%. Can't you just turn the input gain on your monitors all the way down and then turn the volume up on the Scarlett?

13. pamjadi

pamjadi Newbie

hahaha, great explanation man. I know what you sayin' ... local shops in my country have the UR242 around $20 more than UR22
    UR22 ~ $202 and UR242 ~ $222

I'll try to read more on them and most probably that's just right about what your saying, just a money grab

Thanks bro, Putting them on the list to check.

wow good amount of I/Os but it costs more than my budget.

Thanks for the information buddy.

That's what I'm talking about.
    My monitors don't have any input gain knob! (Focal Alpha 80) ... So can't do that.

It seems like there is a virtual knob on the mix control software from focusrite,
    Which can control the output signal. Have you checked that?

Might be wrong but I found something today on focusrite website. Please let me know if it worked.
    I'd be more than thankful. Scarlett Solo does not work with the mix control...

14. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

I don't have much latency with the iTwo, "not enough" to be a problem imho. ;)

15. fica

fica Noisemaker

My vote goes to UR22. I'am using UR22 for over a year now and had 0 problems :)

16. pamjadi

pamjadi Newbie

Great, How much latency u get with it? :)

17. Goodie

Goodie Member

I would recommend a Mackie Onyx 820i. It is fire wire and you have a mixer with excellent preamps for microphones and instrument, headphone amp and monitor control. Its a piece of gear you buy and, never have to replace it for a long time.

18. Pat Craze

Pat Craze Newbie

I have tried a bunch of cheap as well as expensive ones but had big problems getting a stable system. Have had focusrite firewire, rme's expensive pci, scarlet, motu ultralite you name them. BUT since I got myself a steinberg ur44, I am still waiting for my first crash or hang of system since months. So my bet would be to get a steinberg ur22 if you are on a butdget (have only tested the stability with my mac though).

19. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

The Mackie Onyx Blackjack is built like a tank and the preamps are awesome for the price. It has a pretty low latency too.

Mackie's support is not so good though, so If you plan to change OS anytime soon I'd lean towards the UR22 instead.