Best budget gpu for 3900x ?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Futurewine, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

Hi, I've been doing web search and most gpu recommendation are more for gaming.. I wonder if there is better option (best budget gpu) to pair with 3900x just enough to use for music production? maybe somewhere around $125.50 ~ $150 usd ? tq.. :shalom:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  3. Bonetti

Bonetti Member

I built up a new pc December 2019. 3900x, 64GB ram, Win 10 Pro, Cubase 11 with GPU Radeon RX580 Dual 4GB. That time I payed around 150€ for it. Now it´s almost double (at least 235€). Lots of computer parts are expensive now due to high demand but low supply plus christmas time. Technically I can recommend it. I use two monitors via display port. I can run everything, all plugs and so on, videos and more at the same time. Even a virtual machine at the same time doesn´t have any noticable effect. The GPU is low noise, I think the fans start running at higher performance. So this is an option for you. Check it out. But maybe wait for a buy...

4. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

i maybe go for lower, i just learn about rx550 2gb, what do you think? i just need just enough graphics to see daw and plugins, maybe sometimes watching hd movies and music videos, not into games..

>> SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 550 2GB GDDR5 (sapphiretech.com) <<

anyway, i just built mine on august 2020 with 3200g on asrock b450m, thinking of replacing because i have only one shot to do it or not and this guy demo using 3900x on ableton + kontakt makes me want need to.. kontakt is my main instruments.. :shalom:

5. Bonetti

Bonetti Member

Just for your Kontakt requirements I´m very sure it will work. Just check your ports, I don´t know how many monitors you use. I wanted two display ports so I found my RX580.

6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

well, for me, primary concern is noise - zero noise to be exact,
    sounds simple but it really isn't because stronger cards require more power -> produce more heat -> need to cool down actively -> fans spin high rpm and become loud,

another thing to be aware of is, stronger cards are usually able to perform better while not really stressing out, thanks to having more resources (memory, processing cores, bandwidth etc..) so it's always noteworthy to get a higher tier chip and let it idle most of the time,

now for ex. see my GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, it's a beasty card, but has rather impressive cooling design, which doesn't require fans to spin at all and can remain completely silent when doing any work or playing videos, unless playing games when fans usually kick in peaking around 2000rpm,

since you have relatively new AMD cpu, maybe give a try to relatively new AMD gpu like 5500XT, ASUS or MSI models seem least noisy...

7. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

RX580 as mentioned or:

Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB 1 DP 2 mDP $109.99 U.S.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

For Audio stuff the 3800X are a way better (and cheaper) because of higher single core performance.

9. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

I have no idea.I accidentally ordered this yesterday. I was going for a different 1660. I can't even find reviews on it. :rofl:
    The one I was originally looking at I watched a review today and apparently the temp gets real hot so hopefully I got lucky with this one. :dunno:
    I wasn't even going to add one.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N166SIXOC-6GD#kf

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  10. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I'm taking notes of all the feedback here.. thanks yall for kind reply.. been web search based on yall input.. still looking around for just enough graphic card for this.. :shalom:

11. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

These two 5500 xt vs 1660 ti.. seems around the web review gives more surplus to 1660 ti.. price is about equivalent.. gaming wise, i like what i've seen on youtube on 1080p demo with ultra settings for 5500 xt. Somehow 1660 ti seems have directly recommended and support by Nvidia for Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro & After Effects (which I like it better as a side-tool and more related to music productions).. 1660 ti is on my top list now, but I'm still learning and looking for better if any more input from yall i appreciate thankyou :shalom:

just for ref on 1660 ti: Creative Apps Accelerated With GPU | NVIDIA Studio :shalom:

and h**ys**t :woot::suicide::rofl::bow::bow:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  12. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

i'm to research about this, thanks sharing info :shalom:

13. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Second hand RX : 470,480,570,580
    4GB are around 100 bucks only

Brands : MSI, Sapphire,Gigabyte

Find one with SILENT fans for music production.
    I bought an MSI RADEON RX 480 GAMING X 8G, with two big silent fans for 150 shipped

And frankly, you can REALLY do 1080p gaming with this card.

3700X is a good candidate CPU : nice single thread for audio AND multi thread too
    Can be found second hand for a nice price
    It is lower priced now due to 5xxx serie :wink:

14. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

I think the 1660 TI was the one I was reading has high temperatures if you google 1660 TI Temperature you see a few.
    Hopefully the mini I ordered isn't the same.

15. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

nice computer. i want one. :thumbsup: the cpu alone is more expensive than the last computer i built.