Best App to Download from Spotify, Deezer. Software Comparison

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by SAiNT, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Deemix works perfectly ... WITHOUT flac

2. recycle

recycle Guest

ok I just tried, it is true: no more flac on deemix
    This is a very serious problem for all of us

3. recycle

recycle Guest

--- Update on FLAC download ---

This site works:
    free-mp3-download.net

Simple and effective. The website has mp3 320k AND flac files available

See pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. pratyahara

pratyahara Rock Star

There are tens of thousands of free mp3 files (almost all nominally 320kbps but about 60% of them actually non-fake mp3s @320) at slider.kz.
    I can confirm that free-mp3-download.net is a great source for non-fake mp3@320. (For FLACs see the rest of this post.)

As far as FLAC files are concerned I have tested several hundreds of them from all possible services. Less than 10% are compressed from original WAVs. About one third are completely fake (generated from some any bit-rate mp3 with just some random spectral noise added to fool the spectral tests).
    The remaining FLACs are in fact roughly batch processed mp3s (of all possible bit-rates) processed with generic EQ-ing and generic synthesis of the high end (and, very rarely, low end too) and then just compressed into FLAC format. This approach preserves all of the lossy compression artefacts, just adds some EQ pre-emphasis and artificial harmonics.
    So I recommend downloading genuine 320 kbps mp3 files only, not any FLACs. If someone is deeply interested in better quality he can remaster 320 kbps mp3s (remove lossy artefacts as much as possible /Thimeo Stereo Tool does a great job, but must be set correctly/ and then save them in FLAC format.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

do you know sources for psytrance, psychill releases ? like to share, welcome pm

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Deezer has no protection at all(yeh a token yay), al least for the webplayback file.[​IMG]
    Check the dev console it reveals the full path to the audio file :)

They could atleast use blobs, or even obfusecate the location a little bit more :)

Does deemix allow downloading an original in wav quality or does it just allow downloading the 'web' version you are able to listen to on deezer ?

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

the highest you can get is FLAC, but this is already a packed WAV file in some way (as FLAC is loseless compressed).

okay this is all unless the label provided true HQ FLAC/WAV files and not some upencoded mp3 files.

Yeah its like that at least for 4-5 years. And deezer doesnt care at all ...

8. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

9. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

and the worst thing is even 320kbps files are game over in deezer now, all left are 128kbps…

regarding freemp3 site, one thing got me a bit puzzled with it is their 320kbps sound exactly the same as 128kbps copies.

I’ve compared tens of 128kbps files from deezer with freemp3s “320kbps”-files and they sound like the exact same file, they both have that slightly *muffled* sound like a classic 128kbps file. Not bad, but not pristine not even close to earlier 320kbps dl copies.

I checked with a program that saw them as legitimate 320kbps but I’ve seen that there are ways to encode and fool those programs to pass them as higher encoded, and since I don’t get the pristine sound I’m used too I’m a bit unsure, darn..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  10. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

It could be that the (indie) artist upscaled 128kps from old projects and uploaded them as lossless to Deezer?

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

deezer is gone, now it’s only 128 for free users

I was referring to freemp3 site, their 320kbps don’t sound right to me, maybe they are re-encode\upscaling as you say I’m not that savvy in that area.

but if so that should get detected by fake the funk and such programs, at least I thought so.

But then again I read somewhere they could get tricked to pass somehow..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  12. recycle

recycle Guest

Freemp3 files are good, there is no scam: that website just rips the link from a streaming platform (Deezer?).
    It is not logical to think of an upscale, I can't believe they downloaded millions of songs at 128k to mass re-encode them in 320k and upload them to their own site.
    Everything you find there comes from an official release. Maybe the song you downloaded was originally uploaded in low resolution from record label: yes, this is possible

Could you give me an example of a suspicious file? so I can download it to analyze it

13. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

yeah, I ’ll check it out when I get back home later and see if I find some of the tracks I found suspect.

14. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Shit. I've been using Deemix for quite some time. Just noticed it's now downloading only 128kbps mp3 instead of FLAC.

Any workaround for this yet?

I'm now too lazy to go back to downloading torrents.

15. aplel1419

aplel1419 Kapellmeister

Only workaround that I know about is that you can just pay for the premium Deezer subscription. Then you are able to download FLAC files again.

Obviously free would be better, but tbh I don't mind paying a little bit of money if I can still download and actually own all the songs I listen to.

16. recycle

recycle Guest

The app TunesBank Spotify full version is $39.95 (wow!)

I tested it:

• The trial version is free and will rip and convert just 3mins of a song
    • As a free Spotify user, this app won’t rip any 320k file, but instead the usual Spotify low quality. Then there is the converter, Wav, Flac, m4a, mp3 and I set it to mp3
    • My final result is a double lossy conversion (with heavy artifacts, of course) and without any metadata

This app does nothing more than any other Spotify converter: destroy the music
    No thanks

17. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Look at all her posts

18. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

Well I checked Superstar - Bob McGilpin (I have the LP), I found few entries, all seem to me converted from turntable, heavily Eq'ed/compressed, so I guess not all downloadable tracks are CD Wav to flac/mp3.
    I searched on Amazon, Superstar CD exists.

19. recycle

recycle Guest

Great tune!
    I found 2 versions in flac fie from freemp3 website and yes, the sound of both is bad. It is a vinyl rip played with a really worn needle I suppose. Both versions are the same exact recording but one of them seems like heavily compressed-limited.
    Also, the spectrum analysis is quite suspicious: look at that line on 16k:
    [​IMG]

No, this file didn't pass the test of admission in my HDD

This version from youtube sounds definitely better:

20. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record