Best AntiVirus Software

Discussion in 'PC' started by olson, Jun 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Robot

Mr.Robot Noisemaker

Maybe you don't have antivirus that's why :yes:

2. Tenbob

Tenbob Noisemaker

Can anyone help me here with Kaspersky settings to allow me to download files from Audioz? Files from rapidgater and uploaded are failing to come through.

Cheers

3. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

I'd just like to point out (if it hasn't been already) that with AV software there's no real need to pay the full price. Just pick your favorite (kaspersky for me) and search for a 1year license key on ebay - they only cost around 5-10€ :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I like cinnamon most like windows. also just boot the CD you do not have to install it to try it. it's a live cd.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Tenbob

Tenbob Noisemaker

Anyone able to throw me some insight as to why my downloads keep failing? They were fine when I was running Norton but since switching to Kaspersky I can't get anything from Audioz. Files keep flagging up as virus and are then quarantined. How do I get round this?

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

To install it you click on install on the cd after you boot it. THe install icon is on the desktop. It really is not that hard to use. The main difference there is no IE but who cares IE is junk. only Firefox and you can install a few other browsers like chrome and all of the programs names are different. They do the same thing.
    Just be careful when installing it on a windows box and do not over write you current windows partition. If you have a spare drive lying around I would recommend you use that to install it on.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Microsoft MSE on win7 or Defender on win 10. Never had problems and is fast not heavy like others . I tried Kaspersky. It slows the machine a lot. You dont need to format your pc. Download adwcleaner and do a scan first (It is very powerfull), then do a scan with MS Defender.

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Thank you Midi Man. I will give it a go and see how I get on. Much appreciated

9. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

You are most welcome. If you find it too difficult just Google and watch videos. I think you will say after a while why was I ever using windows.

10. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

and how is that not true? :no:

11. monochrom3

monochrom3 Ultrasonic

2 ways to bypass this:

1. You wait for Kaspersky to quarantine your file, then click on the popup window and manually tell Kaspersky to ignore the file. That will remove the file from Kaspersky's quarantine so you can move it to a specific folder that you have added to a whitelist inside Kaspersky's settings.

2. Just disable Kaspersky altogether during your download, and once the download is finished, you move the file to your whitelisted folder, then turn Kaspersky back on again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Mr.Robot

Mr.Robot Noisemaker

13. SAiNT

14. Mr.Robot

Mr.Robot Noisemaker

you have the knowledge you are responsible :yes:

15. SAiNT

surely, if somebody lets me know, i will take measures, but usually when something like this happens, i simply put [VIRUS] into the post title, letting members aware of what's going on on :wink:

16. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

How did you make out with Linux install or at least the trial?

17. Loop Threat

Loop Threat Ultrasonic

NONE - I don't use any anti virus...not even Microsoft shit...all they ever do is slow down my system...instead my web browser is armed...this is where any threats are coming in...anti virus for local systems was good back in the old days when diskettes were risky business...today you just need the browser hooked up. If I feel something is a threat then I will manually scan it...but I won't have these rip off anti virus programs slowing my system down. Finally if something did ever happen to my system I am a tech so I know how to fix crap anyway...I've done plenty of manual virus extractions as a tech... I've gone years at a time without any system issues on my personal system with not having anti virus...an armed browser is good enough and I have my experience to prove it.

• List
  18. cripple9

cripple9 Ultrasonic

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security for 6-7 years and have only had a couple of false positives in all that time. It's firewall/application control is phenomenal. It's pretty flexible with "try-before-you-buy" activity, lol. But that doesn't mean it allows for a compromise in security either.

If you're looking for a good deal, try keeping an eye out for it on Newegg. It's on sale there quite often & for the past 5 years, I've gotten it with a 100% FULL mail-in rebate AND a huge discount. So essentially, I haven't really paid anything for AV protection in a long time.

• List
  19. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It was a disaster. I burned it to 4 different discs, and I messed up a usb stick that now cant be read by windows any longer.

Otherwise it went pretty well lol

20. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

Just like Condoms. :metal:Real man don't need Anti-Virus!:chilling:It just doesn't feel the same way! :thanks:

By the way, I will suggest to check who release the file. I usually trust Sunny, Articstorm, Pirat, Discover, etc... People that have post 23502350 files and they been part of the community for a long time.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List