Best AntiVirus (Pool)

Discussion in 'PC' started by Duu, Jul 5, 2011.

?

the best antivirus

1. Kaspersky

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. NOD32

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. BitDefender

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Symantec

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. Avira

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Avast

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. AVG

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  8. Other

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  9. None

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

poll added.
    my choice: KAV and NOD;
    Firewall: Outpost

2. mlb4sheaz

mlb4sheaz Ultrasonic

its definately a good way of staying away from resource sucking antivirus etc, although ive had to format my main pc due to dodgy windows updates more times than i have because of virus's *yes*

3. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Non they all slow things down. Portable antivirus are best in my opinion. Run them when you need to.

4. google

google Newbie

macrium reflect - is best - there is a free version

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

do a backup

burn a restore cd

try a crack out

restore computer if it goes wrong

have your main operating system on a separate partition or even better a separate disk drive

5. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

i'm not saying it isnt enough for you...i'm saying any AV slows your machine down...that's just a blatantly obvious fact ..just like the earth's not flat, you dont need to have an opinion about it.

again, i've never said you cant do 30 or even 50 tracks with norton running (i use an AV and often do that) but you will do even more without it.PERIOD. even symantec will tell you that...all manufacturers are trying to reduce this impact on resources their softwares have. nothing new here.

6. ricardo72

ricardo72 Newbie

Macrium Reflect v4.2.2097 + WinPE v2.0 Rescue Disk
    PM me for the links for the FULL Version if anyone likes it

7. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

8. bseos

bseos Newbie

imho best protection you can get with minimal hindrance on performance is

Commercial: ESET NOD32
    Free: MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials)

9. MrGold

MrGold Newbie

AVG Free and Malwarbytes for scanning comp every so often on my internet/downloading/ day to day laptop and nothing at all on my DAW laptop.Its running Windaws (stripped down windows with only about 20running process) and hasnt even got an internet connection!It is dual boot though so if i have problems i can access the net and run scans etc from the other side of partition. Highly recommend it infact *yes*

10. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

we need more votes

11. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

I take back what I said about Norton as three days ago I managed to get a virus on my laptop and its taken 3 days to get rid of it and it has probably left behind a lot of registry damage.
    Norton did not detect this virus until it was much too late and then Norton actually got knocked out by the virus and would not even scan.
    Everytime I say something or someone is good at what it/they do something like this happens, sods law I think its called :(
    FM

12. Duu

Duu Noisemaker

What was the virus Fish Mixx and have you any idea's where it came from????........since starting this topic and reading the various opinions on anti-virus, or the lack of it, 'I personally feel' that to not have some point of defence is not good. I mean just cause there's no obvious symptoms of a virus/malware doesn't mean they're not there, 'They're out there man' lol....But seriously, I had a look at my Kaspersky report and there's things I havn't even seen that it's neutralised when I've been away from the computer and it's been on!!. Also the warez side of things rightly or wrongly is viewed as 'Risky' and that's for personal judgement. I personally feel that a bit of common sense, and the sandboxie type affair included in Kaspersky is the way forward for me.....I also run Malware bytes and Adware every now and then for extra peace of mind!!!!

13. thepopenale

thepopenale Noisemaker

I have no AV on my DAW machine, its never connected to the internet so no issues.

Every once in a while ill install AV on it, scan and then remove it. Just incase something crept in while installing VSTs or moving samples.

14. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

Hi Duu I have got some professional help involved and I have the worst possible problem you can get in as much as it is a root kit
    It stops me from running any sort of anti virus scan and even when I get rid of it the computer will never again be 100% safe the only way to make it safe would be a clean install.
    As I dont really need to go online with the laptop I am now going to have a go at fixing it and then it should be OK as a DAW providing I dont go online.
    Having a root kit means someone can access your computer remotely change programs and steal passwords, it really is the worst.
    I was basically tricked into getting the virus as I thought I was downloading a rar file but really it was a virus and when I clicked to open what I thought was a rar I was actually clicking and running the virus.
    The rar was not from this site, but after this I will be very careful.
    Cheers
    Gerald

15. aerokiller

aerokiller Newbie

This man speaks the truth ... NOD32 is the lightest in all I have tested in my extensive IT work ... MSE is the best for value, cause it is free and does its job alright!

16. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

thats usually how it happens...but what you say cracks me up...you are entitled to your opinion as you said but just by reading what you posted here you obviously dont have an inkling about what you're doing/talking about...no offence...you sounded quite patronizing earlier on and as you put it that's my opinion and "i'm entitled to it" *yes*

17. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

yep but an extra manual scanner (like emisoft antimalware) isn't completely redundant...when in doubt!

18. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

I thought you would enjoy that I thought of you when I posted it, I hope it makes you very happy.
    :rofl:

19. lysergyk

lysergyk Kapellmeister

why would I be happy? you really have a problem if you do...to the contrary I actually give you some serious credit for coming back here to say what
    you posted!
    I just wanted to show you how you completely discarded what was being said in the first place to eventually change your
    mind over it just because something has happened to you in the meantime...just to show you that your categorical opinion
    to which you were so much "entitled" was actually not worth much.

now dont get mistaken and carried away, I DO hope you get your machine back on foot ASAP and spread good vibes with it...and if I can help you I'll do it :mates:

20. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

The machine is working perfectly thanks, for someone that doesn't know anything or have a valid opinion I didn't do too badly. The problem I have with you is twice now according to your opinion I do not know anything and I do take offense that someone can just come out with stuff like that, if you dont like what I have to say thats fine but you dont have to be so confrontational about it, or maybe you do and you cant help it.