Behringer X-Touch (Ableton questions)

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Haliax, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Suddenly had the need/desire to include a USB MIDI control surface to my setup to make my workflow more natural, I felt that adjusting sliders with a mouse was a bit counter intuitive and tripped up my workflow. So I went and got the X-Touch.

First issue was that Windows wouldn't detect it, I tried every damn USB port but Windows would tell me there was an error. A little bit of research told me that it is incompatible with a Ryzen 7 3700x or similar, this put a bit of a downer on my morning unless I updated the firmware. I can't update the firmware unless Windows can detect it. Fortunately I have more that one machine, so off I went and updated the firmware and all is happy in the house once again.

After an hour of getting used to this new workflow, I noticed that a lot of the buttons on the X-Touch do the princely sum of fcuk all in Ableton.

To cut a long rant short:

Does anyone here have the X-Touch and have buttons like save, undo, redo etc working in Ableton? I'm not even sure I can map MIDI to UI functionality in Ableton

3. Tob

Tob Platinum Record

I am not using Ableton, but there are midi translators. With that programs you can make midi changes like... midi to keystroke.
    One of the biggest is Bome MIDI Translator (pro). Maybe it is on the sister. :dunno:

4. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Interesting idea, I'll have a look. Thank you

update: worst case scenario is that I can also play pong with it