Behringer WAVE

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by freefeet12, Apr 18, 2022.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

"We’re very excited to share with you that we’ve just completed our third and final prototype after 3 years of development, which will now go to our beta testers for final testing, before the synthesizer is released for mass production.
    The Wave hybrid synthesizer was a particular complex research and development project, as the recreation of the unique sound properties such as aliasing, over-sampling, low-res converters etc. was very challenging. But after much hard work, we nailed it.
    We’re also working together with the legendary Hermann Seib, one of the creators behind this beautiful synth.
    https://www.gearnews.com/legendary-programmer-hermann.../
    This is an exceptionally beautiful and unique synth and once we receive the necessary semiconductors, we’ll get it straight into mass production and into your hands.
    If you want to collaborate with our synth developers and make your voice heard, join our “Synthesizer and Drums Behringer Music Tribe “ FB Group.
    Thank you for the great input you have provided over all these years [​IMG]
    #synthsforall #WeHearYou #synthesizers #behringer"

277808550_10159998037318914_9025111902030610325_n.jpg 277810465_10159998037303914_2860529375560673727_n.jpg

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Semiconductor shortage
    2.) Sounds good for now, but I'm curious when it will be ready and whether it delivers what it promises.
    3.) I wonder what it will cost ?
    4.) I wonder how it does against the existing software version
    www.kvraudio.com/product/waldorf-edition-ppg-wave-2-v-by-waldorf

4. gurujon

gurujon Kapellmeister

Soundwise I love that plugin, but it is buggy in Cubase and I can not save presets. Fingers crossed Behringer will nail this impossible to get synth.

5. recycle

recycle Guest

It seems that Uli did not realize that there is a "world turbulence" that will not be a passing phenomenon, the chip shortage is only a symptom of it. Day after day it becomes more and more complicated to buy a chip in Taiwan, assemble the product in China and then ship it to the US / Europe. Obviously not only Behringer, but all the globalized companies are severely paying the consequences of this international mess. The most pessimistic economists have already predicted the end of the global market.
    About PPG Wave: Once on the market for sure the pricetag of gear will be competitive compared to the original, the real question is will they really manage to finish the project and sell it on a large scale?

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

In Europe, Intel is currently building a large chip company to produce of chips. As you can see, it will only take a little longer for more chips to be offered again, it is a forced pause and a shortage, but it will soon be solved. Then the synthesizer comes just 6 months or 12 months later on the market, does the world end from it ?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  7. recycle

recycle Guest

Here you have the news about intel:
    Intel to invest up to 80 bln euros in boosting EU chip capacity-CEO | Reuters

Note a couple of passages: it could invest and over the next decade
    comeon @BEAT16 ... i know you are the king of copypaste, but at least try to read and understand the meaning of it

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If other countries are diligently sanctioned and go into a corona lockdown, one does not have to be surprised about the consequences. It is currently a shortage of goods and no inflation. This leads to higher prices. If Europe or the West then starts to mess with China, then it will be really serious. We have to stop waging economic wars or trade wars.

9. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

"Wave Update. We are currently collaborating closely with our Beta Testers to ensure that our synth recreations perfectly match the originals. These testers possess advanced technical and musical skills and each own an original unit, allowing them to meticulously compare every aspect of the synth. It is a very tedious job and often takes years and endless hours.

We are incredibly grateful for these remarkable individuals as they play a crucial role in the development of our synths.
    The reason why it typically takes several years to develop a synth recreation is because it’s significantly more challenging to redesign a 40-year-old instrument than to design a new one. Why is that?

This often involves dealing with recreating obsolete components and in particular semiconductors, adapting outdated manufacturing techniques to modern processes, and much more. Such an engineering task is incredibly demanding and requires extensive measurements and listening tests.

From the outset, we made a commitment to never compromise on authenticity, as it is a fundamental aspect for us. The Wave synth has already undergone six revisions, and while we are nearing completion, we still require additional time. However, we assure you that the final product will be worth the wait. It is truly a beautiful synth.

Please send some love to our dedicated Engineers and Beta Testers, who work tirelessly to deliver these amazing instruments to you all at an affordable price. They’re all here listening:)

Thanks for all your support and patience."

10. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

None of us has ever denied that building a clone from 40 years ago could be complicated, time consuming, tedious etc.. No one has ever denied it except Uli: according to him it was a joke, it was as simple as posting a couple of photos on social media, some fake teasing and then postponing the official launch to an unspecified date. In recent times seems that Uli has slammed into real world problems and I'm happy about that, he deserved it. The time of bombastic announcements for Uli is over: now no one believes anymore in false promises and all clone lovers are now ready to crucify him for any further BS.
    According to this latest post we can notice a Mr Behringer strangely down to earth: if building a clone was difficult, keeping your mouth shut and waiting for the engineers' results it is even more

11. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I have no idea what you're going on about.

12. El Cycer

El Cycer Producer

I'm highlighting the difference between the boastful ads of a few years ago and this latest one: a drastic change in communication. In this post I read prudence, sense of responsibility, attention to detail and above all respect for the patience of customers. In short, I think Uli finally learned his lesson

13. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Ok weird take. Unless you have insider information I think you assume too much. No idea how you got there though.

Also, I've definitely heard/read from many people who think cloning/remaking old synths is easy. Typically holding it against Behringer, saying things like all the work is already done for them, that it's stealing, and that the length of time it takes them to do it is proof of how incompetent Behringer is.