Behringer Pro-1 to sell for $299

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by The Pirate, Jan 29, 2019.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Behringer has officially introduced the Behringer Pro-1, a Eurorack format clone of the classic Sequential Circuits Pro-One keyboard synthesizer. It’s expected to be priced at US $299

behringer-pro-one-synth.jpg

The original Pro-One was designed and manufactured by Dave Smith’s Sequential Circuits company from 1981 to 1984. Boasting two VCOs and a four-pole low-pass filter, it was a more compact and affordable instrument from the company best-known for high-end polysynths like the Prophet 5. Secondhand prices range from around $1200 to over $2000 depending on condition. Unlike the Sequential model, Behringer’s version has patch points for connecting to Eurorack modules, no keyboard and what appears to be a switch to enable polyphony.

On a side note, back in June, Behringer opened a lawsuit against Dave Smith Instruments, one of Dave Smith Instruments’ employees and 20 anonymous forum users for libel per se, libel per quod and product disparagement following negative comments made about the company’s products on the Gearslutz forum. https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/42685

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Love it! Love it! x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  3. beatletown

beatletown Guest

Even in this demonstration you can hear how fat and juicy these Behringer analog synths are compared to vst synths.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

gone grab one ty very much pirate
    I already buy model D
    Behriner step Up this Year and their products just Unbelievable,

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

They want to squash all negativism that has plagued the company for years and they are doing one hell of a job.:like: As soon as I get my tax return I will buy them all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

true after they start to bring all this analog stuff it make only good for company for sure !
    and the price is nothing , I never buy so cheep product and sound so good ,and this one is amazing for my hear to .
    soon they will bring many cool stuff , and I will not surprise if they will clone all the amazing synth !
    I don't think you can find so good analog synth for such price !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Can't wait to get one of these. Kinda annoying they're not even giving rough release dates though, like Q1 2019 etc. From what I've seen, only RD808 and MS101 have had release dates of March and April. Still no word on Crave, Pro One, Odyssey, RD909 etc.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. chopchop

chopchop Member

Can't wait to get one of these and use pro one as my preset banks for quick reference. I have the Deepmind12 & Model D I think I'm getting a few more this year. 808 arp crave ect... Its a good time for synth lovers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. electriclash

electriclash Guest

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Their quality of products has increased enormously, since they bought Midas and Klark Teknik. Really nice clones on steroids.

11. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

I heard someone say once... 'Nomad Factory are the Behringer of plugins...'

12. Someware

Someware Ultrasonic

I have to take my hat off to the effort of Behringer have taken to updating these aging synths and adding a modern approach to the designs. Which is something alot of the companies should have been doing themselves. Quality at a price a normal person can justify. Sound that is as good but in their own quirky way equal and perhaps better. They are really becoming a player in the synth world now, and have put some classic companies to shame. I am quite sure it will not be long before they design their own classic synth, could be Neutron or Crave but I think they can easily go a step ahead and become a leading modern design in the Synth world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. robotboy

robotboy Producer

That is so fucking lame. But I still wanna buy this.

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I disagree,Nomad factory plugins sound good for me.Try their pultec EQ.And they are not cheap.

I hated Behringer since I had in the past a console,and some dynamic processors in early 2000' that were not so good.Behringer was synonym of crap at these times.
    But I've listened some of their new sytnhesizers videos since their Deepmind and now I'm thinking to buy in the next months one of their 299$ synths.

It's unbeatable for this money,and they all sound great!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  15. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Two words sold me immediately ...CURTIS CHIPS! ...Sold! :keys:

16. krakdhaus

krakdhaus Kapellmeister

Oh, yeah... I agree. I still use them. I just thought it humorous ... and this thread was a good spot to drop it.
    And... I do think a lot of Behringer gear is good...

17. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Just imagine combining this with Minimoog-D, and Neutron. Possibly even Crave which has a nice sequencer. It's like a nice analog mini modular with big sound on the cheap. It's so great that they added all those patch points! Just count all the oscillators, filters, envelopes, LFOs, arps, sequencers... and it won't look that mini. :wink:

This is a must have. Crazy! :mad:

Also BD-808 and BD-909... just :mad: !:rofl:

18. beatletown

beatletown Guest

300$? Some useless plugins cost that much. Here you get actual hardware that sounds great.
    And wait a few months when 2nd hand used ones appear, talk about buying them for 150-200$ each then!