Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller Video Manual/Tutorial

Discussion in 'Education' started by InTheMix, Dec 18, 2017.

1. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

Oh man I almost took you serious. Never mind!

To everybody else who's genuinely interested in the topic, please do post your experience with this or any other midi foot controller.

2. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

@InTheMix You're not a MIDidiot you are a MIDI genius, you figured out the FCB1010.

Genuinely interested? I have owned two FCB1010s since it was introduced. About three - four years ago, when I realized the rack market had been dead for several years already, I ditch all my rack efx and started using it with Ableton.

You've been using it for a few weeks or months?

I did drop some knowledge that you never thanked me for or acknowledged. You didn't know you already had momentary switching by using MIDI notes. The fact that both outputs of relays carry both relay 1 and 2 info.

I've spent hours experimenting, not a few hours just to understand the POS manual. If I had to experiment manually? I would've trashed it by now too. The ability to save a SYSEX so you can retrace what went wrong is invaluable. The ability to instantly change the relay configuration means using different three channel amps with one SYSEX dump. I have three amps that all need different relay information.

I gave you constructive criticism. i.e. add text if you want to make your long winded WASTED BRAIN SPACE video user friendly.
    How about a minute by minute reference index in the description so people can follow that long winded WASTED BRAIN SPACE video?

You are obviously new here. Next time you upload a video don't expect everyone to blindly praise your work.

This is closer to the original Bobby Knight quote:
    I have FORGOTTEN MORE about the FCB ( BASKETBALL ) than you will EVER KNOW.

Happy New Year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  3. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

For those who use the FCB1010 , I just recorded another video for FCB1010 Manager which is a software editor. Been using it for a while and it's just wonderful! You can program various setup files in no time. You can pretty much see all the details about a setup file ...etc.
    Highly recommanded! It does not support UNO chip at this time.

Here's the YouTube link for FCB1010 Manager tutorial:

https://youtu.be/MMJQ-AHRSMs

and here's the download link for the free editor:

https://mountainutilities.eu/fcb1010

4. flashback23

flashback23 Ultrasonic

aw man, wish we could download hardware...

5. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Uhhh.. FFW, FBW, Play, Stop, Rec, Talkback... No need to stop hunting for highscores on my gameboy during record sessions anymore :rofl:

6. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I was going to get one to control guitar rig. But I herard it's a nightmare to program. Thanks for the review.

7. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

A lot of usages for this controller.
    Very sturdy.
    Chip features are nice.
    And most ppl using their hands for instruments (bass, guitar, singing ...) could need one for their feet :D

With the UNO chip, i didn't found anything close for that price : around 80 bucks second hand

8. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Here is an editor that does support both UNO and non UNO FCB1010s.
    http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

I've been using it for years. The UNO upgrade is also highly recommended.

What ever happened to the LG-FCB? Can't seem to find info....
    adding USB port, phantom power via MIDI connection, bank specific STOMPBOX etc.
    It converted a FCB into a Gordius Little Giant

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
  9. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

It's a very flexible pedal. If there's one product that I really like from Behringer is this one. I've been trying other pedals recently but so far the FCB1010 wins. I think Nektar is coming up with a new one soon. It's called Parse, Parce...or something.

10. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

I agree! For my setup factory chip works fine. I may eventually get UNO. I can find a use for those additional options for sure.

11. InTheMix

InTheMix Kapellmeister

Yeah the one at the top is Ed Dixon's editor. Someone said he kind of stopped developing/supporting the latest firmwares. Not sure if it's true.
    I've never seen the LG-FCB before. Actually if you look into older posts in the FCB yahoo group you'll be surprised how many different editors have been written over the years. Most of them were abandoned...