Behringer 2022: Every synth, drum machine and controller Behringer is working on

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by BEAT16, Apr 18, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Behringer 2022: Every synth, drum machine and controller Behringer is working on

Uli Behringer’s flagship brand supposedly has over 50 synths in development.
    We track the progress of those announced so far.

Every instrument Behringer is working on in 2022:
    • UB-Xa and UB-Xa D
    • Pro-16
    • LmDrum
    • VCS 3
    • MS-5
    • Model 15
    • Pro-800
    • DS-80
    • Wave
    • PolyEight
    • Model D Soul
    • Saturn Soul
    • JT-4000 Spirit
    • Pro-VS Soul
    • UB-1 Spirit
    • CS Mini
    • Hirotribe
    • 2-XM
    • Toro
    • RSF Kobol
    • Syncussion SY-1
    • Polivoks
    • 1601 Sequencer
    • Solina String Ensemble
    • Behremin
    • Edge
    • Proton semi-modular synth
    • BoogerFooger
    • BCR32 MIDI Controller
    • Behringer DAW
    • Behringer virtual emulations
    https://musictech.com/guides/buyers-guide/behringer-synthesizers/

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

werent they also working on a virus type synth? Thats a huge list.

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Its called the Behrus

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

I think they put out about 26 synths + all those Eurorack modules and some drum machines since 2018. That's not counting mixers, audio interfaces and crap ton of other stuff all from just one of their brands Behringer. That's crazy. When and if they get those chips they're going to unload a hoard of synths. Its going to be nuts.

6. luanpacheco

luanpacheco Noisemaker

I'm waiting for BCR32 to do my custom Console1

7. recycle

recycle Guest

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Meanwhile others like Roland and Korg, you're lucky if they release 3-4 products a year.

9. Dblurgh

Dblurgh Ultrasonic

How come Behringer aren't the ones bringing back the MUCH desired Elektron Monomachine?

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Korg has 290 employees.
    Korg is a company with relatively few employees, but very innovative and effective.

2.) Roland has 2730 employees
    Roland has a world reputation for quality products. They do not want to and must not gamble away this world reputation. Therefore Roland continues to focus on high quality products.

3.) Behringer has 3600 employees
    Behringer has a different target group and closes the market gap. He is constantly trying to undercut everyone in price.

So all musicians worldwide, no matter what budget they have, are supplied with music products.

11. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Eh. Not really. I don't see everyone and their mom rushing to buy a JD-XA/JD-Xi, nobody plays System-8 and System-1 it seems, GAIA SH-01 is nowhere to be seen anymore. Half of the internet complains about Boutique series and TB-3 being a joke akin to Korg Volca and deems Roland being unable to produce an actual product instead of a toy.

At least the TR-8 catched some use. There's also JUNO-DS which is often "that keyboard for synth lead solos" and sometimes you see RD-2000. I'm yet to see Fantom being used by anybody, save for Yohan Kim maybe.

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Everyone is of age and is not forced to buy the junk.
    I also bought Roland products and then sold them again because I switched from hardware to software.
    The quality of the products and especially the keyboard is exemplary. You have to look at the sales figures. Most prodcts are at people's homes. Here you can see what Roland has already done:

Roland Museum : Full Version

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Yes. They had nice stuff in the 70-90s. You want me to look at the sales figures, sure. Thomann, synthesizer category, and only one Roland product - TR-8S, a drum machine. Where are the examplary keyboards?
    upload_2022-4-28_14-55-20.png

Maybe they don't show up because I'm in the wrong category... let's try sound modules then. First Roland product, JU-06A, placed #25...

Stage pianos? Dominated by Yamaha and Thomann's cheap options, FP-30X at #6, but it's just a digital piano with PHA-4 made for home practice, the volume +/- buttons and Bluetooth connectivity tells you who this is for.

Drum machines? TR-08 at #24, behind Teenage Engineering PO-12 Rhythm, Alesis SR18, Korg Volca Drum, Behringer and Elektron stuff. Roland are getting beaten by $60 toy drum machines.

Workstations? Finally something here. Fantom-06 and 08, then a break for Korg Nautilus, and Fantom-07. Released last month so that probably helps some.

Again... where's the great stuff? They don't show up in top 20 for most product categories, let alone top 10. And the stuff that tops the charts is either stuff that just came out, or basic products made for people who don't know any better (like FP- digital pianos or TR-0 series). There literally isn't a single synth that showed up, and the drum machines were destroyed by Elektron, Behringer, and even boutique manufacturers like Erica Synths and SOMA were more popular than Roland.

Edit: not kidding. Roland's manufacturer page on Thomann, here's their top sellers:

upload_2022-4-28_15-7-16.png

First one, "hall of fame", JU-06A. which holds #25 in sound modules, behind even Novation Circuit, Deckard's Dream, ASM Hydrasynth, Moog Minitaur and Dreadbox Nymphes. That's the exemplary products on display?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It's almost all made up, isn't it? You can't invent the wheel twice.
    Besides, the trend is from analog to digital. Thanks to you for your market assessment. We prefer to buy digital plugins that do not break, do not need to be repaired and are much cheaper. If I understand you correctly, you want something new?

Are probably born 10 20 years too late and the market you find is not what you thought? Look at plugins, they are even free on the sister site. If this continues with the demonetization, only the rich can afford a musical instrument in the future anyway. The poor people without purchasing power, because food and energy is so expensive, then goes to the sister site and then illegally downloads its software.

Oh yes so, completely I did not understand you, what you reproach the companies, it is lack of innovation, you have to sell high numbers and make profits, otherwise the company goes bankrupt and the competition has become very large.

15. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Actually these days the trend seems to be very much full-sized analog hardware, ideally clones of famous gear with modern conveniences built in. You see Moog Matriarch, DFAM/Subharmonicon, 909 and 808 clones, ARP 2600 clones, Minimoog clones, all taking the bulk of top seller lists.

Tbh these days we have way more than we'd ever be capable of going through and actually using, and stuff has become dirt cheap. There's $50 audio interfaces that sound better than top of the line Pro Tools HD systems did just 10-15 years ago, there's no shortage of actually usable free DAWs, and once you have the need to upgrade, most are like $150 for the upgrade to full version. $50 condenser microphones actually sound as good as $150 ones did a few years ago, and actual brand name quality plugins are regularly given away for free or like $5-10 to the point where you can gather quite a usable collection just from the free stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. recycle

recycle Guest

Hahaha! This is very funny! I wonder if anyone could take you seriously on this

17. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Technology improves over time you know, I wouldn't be surprised if motherboard builtin audio would beat old HD systems when measured. Just like $50 audio interfaces I'm pretty sure would outperform a Neve or SSL 4K in terms of noise floor, frequency response and amount of transparent gain available. Just like Digi 003 and Yamaha 01v96 are garbage by now and entry-level hardware absolutely decimates them. Digidesign 96 I/O I reckon would be meh compared to stuff you can get these days as well.

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You forget that there are physical laws that cannot be overridden.In reality there is nothing new, it is improved a little, other material is used, maybe one or the other trick. Now it's a matter of transferring the analog to the digital. AI intelligence is also waiting to flow into new products.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  19. droplet

droplet Rock Star

isn't it all just a state of mind?

20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It also depends on what you have learned for a profession and if you are very talented and love your job,
    it can happen that a very good product comes out. Sometimes coincidences and luck are also at play.

21. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Yeah, and between 2000 and 2022 the only difference in the computer you're using right now is "improved a little, other material is used, maybe one or the other trick". You fail to realize that technology once high-end, quickly trickles down to prosumer and eventually even rock bottom consumer hardware. It does so especially quickly for devices that are digital and/or utilize a connection with the computer and thus quickly become obsolete (and sold for very cheap as high-end users no longer have any use for them) - in other words, devices just like audio interfaces.