Behringer 2 SEM

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Deceptive, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

Now Behringer has returned to the Oberheim Two Voice. The board shows the double team with legendary sound from two Oberheim SEM modules in October 2020. Now they show the finished device. In the trade, of course, none of the last shown devices is current - but they wrote "that was not all for a long time" - because in several countries they are working on various projects.

behringer-sem-696x425.png

behringer-double-sem-770x425.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

GForce have just released this pearl in full 8-voice VA glory and the first reviews sound promising.

Behringer better bring us the long promised BCR32.

4. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Dammit Behringer. Stop it.

So far I might be, almost definitely, just kinda have to be, in for the Proton, 2-XM and UB-Xa. If I just concentrate on these I'll be OK.

BTW, I'll put this here

"The product is fully developed and once we receive the semiconductor chips, the 2-XM is on the way to you. Suggested Price: US$ 299."

What’s under the hood?

- Authentic reproduction of SEM 2-Voice circuitry from the ‘70s
    - Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
    - 2 independent voices for polyphonic, split or 4 oscillator unison sounds
    - 2 variable oscillator shapes with adjustable pulse width for inspiring sounds
    - Oscillator sync for piercing lead sounds and complex effects
    - 2 legendary multi-mode filters with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch modes
    - 2 dedicated and fully analog LFOs with triangle and square waveforms
    - 4 analog envelope generators for extensive control of filters and amplifiers
    - Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
    - Extensive modulation capabilities, including internal and external sources
    - 2-channel mixer section featuring level and pan controls for intense stereo sounds
    - Portamento function applicable to both voices for great pitch gliding effects
    - 2 external audio inputs for processing external sound sources
    - Dedicated audio outputs plus a combined stereo output for maximum flexibility
    - Massive amount of CV and GATE In/Outs for extreme creativity
    - 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 32 voice polyphony
    - Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
    - 64 controls to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
    - MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

SEM, or anything Oberheim, really, is such good stuff it makes me drool. I llike even Arturia's SEM. :lol: Hopefully Behringer made it sound as good as the original.

I wonder why nobody made this as VST: [​IMG]

This stuff is incredible. One of the last Tom's works. Marion Systems was his child. It is complicated to edit, but there is an editor for it. It's a synth sound design treasure. Digital OSCs, analogue everything else. It can even load samples with the right expansions. Crazy shit in a 1he rack! I want 8 of these. :P :wink:

Uli if you read this, this could be a real hit! This sounds better than Matrix stuff, but SEM is a different thing.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

I know the guys from behringer, send them your suggestion...it's guaranteed to be read

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

They do. I wrote a suggestion on their Facebook [I think] about ARP 2600 and some months later they announced it. :wink:

Lots of people have no idea how useful this firm is. Bringing down highly over-bloated prices of museum hardware synths, for example.

However, I have a real Drawmer DL-241, and I have Behringer copy MDX-2100. The real one was worth the money. Behringer one is worth a Sunday's lunch now, so I'm just keeping it for when it might be needed.

8. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

one of behringer's secrets of success is that they communicate with their customers and this makes the customer feel that they are taken seriously... a very clever tactic by behringer to develop a close connection with their customers... i have absolutely no problems using behringer equipment... my mx 8000 is over 20 years old and i love it

9. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Never heard of Marion Systems.

This guy definitely did not convince me its a good synth.

:rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

guitar player at keys :trolls:

11. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

Just sign me up for one of everything Behringer is releasing, synthwise :guru: