Behringer’s RD-6 drum machine arrives

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by The Pirate, Aug 13, 2020.

1. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Indy outs, yeah, trigger outs, yeah!

One thing I'd like to know which is not mentioned anywhere, not even on Behringer's site or their quickstart manual (the only one documentationwise I could find)... does the seq send MIDI notes? It has MIDI out but it could just send MIDI clock.

The 606 has one of the best interfaces for a drum box, it's ridiculously fast and simple so that would be the icing on the cake.

Anyone?

2. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I've used this word once or twice and have other people heard using this word once or twice, in various countries all over Europe and no one has ever meant it in the way you mentioned it. So, with all due respect for other people's relegion, I think that dislike is inappropriate.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

The point you are missing is that you didn't use the word "stoned" in relation to a religious practice of the Rastafarians.
    There's a big difference!
    "With all due respect for people's religion", I feel the dislike is totally appropriate.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Err, nope, I'm totally aware that I didn't use the word in this context because I just couldn't, I didn't know this context. Btw, neither did @recycle.
    The point was, besides you, I never ever have met someone who used the word in this context.

5. Smoove Grooves

But I don't use the word at all! In any context. How could you get so confused? It negates, prior to applying it to the smoking ritual of Rastafarianism.
    The Pirate and recycle imply all Rastas are "stoned".
    Please, go to a Rasta encampment and tell them they are just "stoned".
    <sigh> It's not me that mentioned it! It's the others. And they use it in a way that negates the religion. Simple. I'm out.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Hey! Let us get this thread back to the Rd-6 and keep religion out of it. Anyone that thinks that someone, including me, said anything against any religion can report it to the mod. Discussions about religion are not allowed for this very same reason. Too much unnecessary fucking drama.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Smoove Grooves

So don't bash on Rasta religion, and I wouldn't have to defend it and go OT.

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Nobody is bashing anything . YOU are the one who injected it in here. Who was the first one to mention it? It was not @recycle, it was not me. It was you, @Smoove Grooves. To be clear,@recycle called his first rendition the "Behringer LGBT RD-6." Then @Haliax suggested "a reggae version". Your enthusiastic reply to it was "You mean Rasta version! Red, Gold, and Green". if you opened the door,why did you start complaining. First of all, if you respect the religion, why ask someone to name a drum machine after it? Secondly, after you suggest "a Rasta Edition" you want to limit other members' artistic expression. Thirdly, in the past you have contacted me on several occasions by PM about many things, therefore, why did you decide to create all this drama instead of contacting me by PM as you have done before, or contacting @recycle and letting him know that you felt offended by his rendering? Do you think everyone knows about every religion in the world? Moreover, we have a moderator who listens to everyone. Certainly, you could have gone to Olymoon, and presented your case. All this controversy is not only off-topic but totally unnecessary, it could have been avoided. You took something that was NEVER written with the intention to offend anyone, or any religion, and created drama. Finally, if you go to Google and conduct a search with term "stoned rasta" or "rasta stoned" you will find plenty of potential victims to unleash your religious crusade. Why not go after them? AudioSex is a music forum. Keep religious discussions out of it, and a good staring point to achieve just that is to not introduce it in any way or form in an ongoing discussion. Have a great weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Smoove Grooves

Right. Agreed.
    And YOU folks introduced the word stoned to Rastafarianism, not me.
    No rasta I know would be offended if I used the word...out of context to the religious sacrement. You folks have not, is my point.
    I would not say to a christian or catholic that I saw them "drinking" in church. It would be applying my own misunderstanding to their religious sacrement.
    I understand the word stoned is used the world over, out of rasta context, and in a non-derogatory way.
    Just not here.
    I didn't.
    I didn't, I corrected 'reggae' (music) to 'rasta' due to the colours.
    Artistic expression doesn't include negating a religious sacrement.
    Will edit my rating for recycle, as I'm pretty sure I've proved my point now and it's opened at least one person's mind. Maybe just mine.
    And I know what I am dealing with now. Thank you for the insight.
    Right. Onward with rum machines...I mean drum machines.

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@Smoove Grooves at this point I do'nt give a fuck about what you think or do. From now on ignore me just as I will ignore you. I had a enough of this fucking drama of yours. Welcome to my ignored list.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. Smoove Grooves

You're always right and can never back down, and then you get offensive and angry.
    Apart from when relating to lack of knowledge of Prince bass lines.
    I had enough of your imagined drama too.

12. jhagen

jhagen Producer

There are many things dangerous about religions, here a short list:

1) Never disgrace the Prophet
    2) Never make fun of hijab dress.
    3) Never say "Stoned" to a Rasta.
    4) Never make explicit drawing of...(better to not say)

If only the pirate knows a little more.

13. Smoove Grooves

I hope The Pirate can actually find the 'Ignore' button in his settings, and actually put me on his Ignored list as he said.
    Then he could stop PMing me telling me not to quote anything in a thread! Dictate to me? Bru'..hear what
    Screenshots of all the PMs you just deleted. From word go. But there is nothing incriminating on your part, so you didn't need to DELETE them all! That's like a man that's para. G'wan.

14. Smoove Grooves

Agreed. It's actually Nasty to imply Rastas are <fill-in-applicable-self-based-judgement-word> and not in communion with nature, JAH, and the oneness of all, via a religious sacrement.

Anyway. Once I find out the full spec of this, I may buy it. But I also might wait to see however good any other models might be!
    I used to have a Boss DR-110, and my bass-player friend had the 220! We had some fun.
    Then I got the TR-626, and programmed the whole FGTH 'War' album version into patterns for my friends band.
    Not the best sounds, but had detuning. Yet it was universal, which was a bit crap.
    Best part was separate outs.

15. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Wow guys.... What begun as a simple joke is now getting totally out of phase.

Please, smoke your joints, and get back to the infamous , the terrible, the crazy ....
    RD-6 drum machine

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

RastDa-6 drum machines...who knew?
    Sacré bleu:suicide:

17. Smoove Grooves

Sacré 'vert', n'est pas? :winker:

18. Smoove Grooves

Apologies to ALL. Thank you to @PopstarKiller who made me think.

All the 'rasta' stuff I said definitely makes me look like a white, 'woke', wanker.
    Whereas I am actually a bit Aspy/on the spectrum, and I'm pedantic about certain things including words and principles.
    No rasta I know would give a care to the principles I pointed out, I'm just stuck on certain things.
    Late diagnosis in my mid 40s. Explains my childhood, and affinity to music. But otherwise it's a pain, and I'm still learning myself!

19. recycle

recycle Guest

RD6 is out: has anyone here already tried it? Opinions? Asking here cause I dont trust the too enthusiastic teenage youtubers

20. breadd

breadd Kapellmeister

Pass the doob my way I want to get stoned too