BEHOLD THE NEW MAC PRO 2019

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by tzzsmk, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You are the best comment for me!People can buy $3000 Mac but they can't buy a $150 software from a honest developper(in any case more honest than Apple),on sister site.Crazy world...

2. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Well, you can't "download" for no cost the new Mac, right?
    I know few techno and dnb producers with modular walls + some decent keyboard synths and hardware effects, but software - illegal. That's the nature of people, if they can get it for no cost, they would do it.

3. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

... i bet using exs playing back samples or just audio tracks. I wonder how this ‘presentation’ would end up with synths which use some serious cpu power :)

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

yes, recording twenty Keyscape live at the same time with low buffer size would have been more interesting. Let's say overall latency around 1.5ms, and Apple cannot fault other companies for bad audio drivers

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Of course this is true not for Mac only. We Windows users handle it the same.
    None of us would go to the PC/Mac store and try to shoplift a piece of hardware.

With software it's a totally other page.
    I think bebause most people can't imagine how many hours a developer or a team of developers have to work to program us a great plugin plus cost for rooms, employees, har- and software etc. ...
    As I read here some people won't even buy a software, if they could easily afford it and/or make a lot of money with the k'd software. Out of principle and they're even proud of it. That's hard to understand.

Sadly true. But it should read "...if they can get it stolen..."

6. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

He's got instances of Play and Kontakt in there.
    The main demonstration here is the new Logic track count, as previously it was 255.

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Kontakt and Play uses less CPU than a real synth like Avenger , Serum or Diva.
    With Serum and Avenger i assume that it is very easy to overload any CPU out there with just one instance ... Especially if you like to actually be a able to play it at low latency (below 512 samples buffer)

But yeh, the core balance looked quite nice at the demonstration, I wonder which buffer settings they used there. I have never managed to drive my cpu that well balanced on my system here, neither oin Logic nor on Studio one. Not under macOS nor under Windows. Before the CPU get maxed out i get clicks and pops even at around 50 % load of all cores.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  8. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I'm running VEP 7 so I tend to get a bit more mileage/stabilty when I've got 50+ of Kontakt's loaded. My DFD is low so that helps.

I've not loaded Serum or Avenger into it, I might give it a try this weekend to see how far it gets before dropping out. Might end up in flames this test :/

9. GT33

GT33 Kapellmeister

Apple Is Still Trying to Sue the Owner of an Independent iPhone Repair Shop
    Louis Rossmann testifies as witness in Norway trial.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  10. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't understand these people.I'm a very poor producer,I don't make money with my music but I try to buy the sotwares I use.