Behind that Barely Alive Sound Part 2

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Aug 9, 2023.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

hey guys i almost finished the track i could leave it as it is but there's always room for improvement let me know what i could do better im really in love with this track right now

3. ricbm710

ricbm710 Producer

I don't know much about EDM in general but your track sounds dope! I would definitely add it to my workout playlist.
    I can point out, maybe, you could add some extra details to the transition at 1:42. It's kind of abrupt/dry in comparison with the dynamic of the rest of the track.

4. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

man thats great you saying those words to me i feel honored i made the song completely sober i dont smoke weed anymore due to medication for asperger (abilify) i wish i could change my username but that wont happen anytime soon here i will post more tracks in the future you made my day

5. ricbm710

ricbm710 Producer

I'm glad to read you are doing something in order to improve yourself. Keep the tracks coming!!!!

6. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

The track is a fucking banger! :wink:

If there is one little thing I would change is the blast at the beginning. IMHO it diminishes the impact thats coming after. An it caught me off guard /w my volume 3/4 up lol. What about a swoosh or something reversed befor tha bomb..

Thanks for posting! :bow: Keep 'em comming! :yes:

7. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

i feel honored by your words thank you so much i will work on new tracks as soon as i can :wink:

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

yeah this is a good one already. but you want some things you can maybe try, so here goes.

the highest pitched screech note you have sounds "right" like how you have it, but you could maybe drop it an octave down or mess with it more somehow. it's a little static and you might not like it as much on your 100th listen to it.

your vocal sample "don't stop" could also possibly come down in pitch from where you have it, or you could even increase it in pitch up to where it already is. you could do the sort of "Slow downer" timestretch and other fx to it downwards to the first drop. Those can be good spots for other de/crescendo types of effects like tape stop, record rewinding, motor stop of a 1200, kinds of things. Your upwards crescendo snare roll buildup could probably acellerate more/even faster as it rises.

It's nice and loud already, so you would have room to experiment with some of the dub parts too. the skank, dub siren, and lead are very clean as they stand, and you could make them more dub-like. for lack of better word. Easy little things that just can make things less static and less "computer music perfect".

You cut down to the outro a little abruptly. You could stick one of your downrisers there again.