Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata dubstep remix

Discussion in 'Music' started by nism, May 3, 2022.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

And you're absolutely correct. The backing track was made by some kid on youtube. It's the first comment with a heart.
    I wonder why this amazing pianist had to use some no name kid's backing track..

2. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

To match his brand-new leather jacket?

This isn't actual cultural progress, merely another example of an unimaginative social media muppet whoring history for clicks.

3. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Must say, pleasantly surprised of how many of you get it.

Didn't listen to the whole thing because it's a pain. There is the technical component to this and the "pianist" evidently struggles with the execution. This is a piece a 10-12 yo would play better (say, 3rd mov). That's not enough though and you have to understand the composers intent and somehow add your own vision, which usually happens later in life..

This guy (and those around him) know that he will never ever have the technical skills to play a piece like this, let alone being able to give a meaningful interpretation. He is simply too old. So he makes a monkey show out of it. Sadly, nothing new.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

As a matter of fact, I did play this when I was 10! Pretty damn well too, if I do say do myself (ya just gotta believe me. This 1st movement shows what you're made of as a musician. It's easy to be too mechanical. It's VERY easy to overcompensate and go into fake emotion histrionics. It's like singing the Star Spangled Banner- it seems easy enough but for most people it's a rake to step on.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List