Been working on this song for a few weeks on and off. (Dubstep/Color Bass)

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by PVRVDIGM_SHIFT, Oct 28, 2022.

1. PVRVDIGM_SHIFT

PVRVDIGM_SHIFT Newbie

Been getting feedback in sessions from artists like Bainbridge, Ace Aura, and Slippy. Would like to know what you guys think!

3. 9ty

9ty Kapellmeister

Pretty good, some nice ideas, especially inside the arrangement. I like the future bass kind of drop.
    The vocals are a matter of taste... 2000s nu metal vibes here...

Points for me are:
    - Overall it sounds a bit harsh. I know this type of tracks need to be somehow aggressive, but it's a bit too much. It feels this track need a nicer balance between low&depth and the highs.
    - Some of the sounds (for example the hits in the bridge after 2:32) are not hitting hard enough for me - it feels like something (yeah, compression) is holding them back

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

It sounds pretty good. I got the same abrasiveness from some of the top end/treble synth parts. To my ear, it sounds like Serum. I would consider using a De-esser to reduce the sharpness on those a bit.

it's good :)

5. PVRVDIGM_SHIFT

PVRVDIGM_SHIFT Newbie

Thanks for the insight guys! Yeah it seems taming the high ends on my track is the biggest problem. Just got soothe2 so maybe that should help a bit.

Again, I appreciate the feedback!

6. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

Not the genre I really listen, but to my ears everything sounds really good. arrangementwise and sound design is amazing. maybe slight harsh high end to my ears, on both yamaha hs5 and sennheiser hd650, but maybe it's just my ears. great stuff really

7. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

The Vocal/Music Balance is bad.

Example: The singer screems at the top of his lungs in the transition but it's still overpowered by the riser because the vocal is mixed into lower, controlled by limiting. That's not how music works – it's unnatural, unorganic and unauthentic, drowned in bass n shit. All the music has to succumb to the power of the lead vocal – not the other way around! Listen to some hard rock or grunge. If anything, you should sidechain compresss the music via the vocal to bing that to the forefront. The vocal is what creates actual tensioan and emergency – NOT the riser section.