been trying to figure out some ethereal pads like this!

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by ArticStorm, Sep 12, 2019.

1. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

btw you could also use a phaser as well and achieve more sophisticated and intuitive results for that sweeping motion on the pad...

2. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I would except I just noticed (.)(.) Nailed it :mates:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wow @( . ) ( . ) wow this stunning. ok i will give it a shot. actual i ask a friend who is a dnb producer and he gave me some hints on the hardware these folks have used in 90s. like roland JV 1080 for example and see if i can pull out there something.

but you really nailed it. i love it and i try to get it down for me.

@KungPaoFist the stuff you did with my sc clip is awsome too.

felt a lil bit helpless to actual come around and get the endresult, but i will not give up. :mates:

EDIT:
    is the track i posted on the first page in G#m? 170bpm for sure.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

ok i tried with your receipt, its amazing how thick the pad becomes when you actual EQ so much away with that amount of reverb and also the resonance. puhhh damn simplicity always bites me in the ass, everywhere ...

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

tits sounds close with envelopes and moving and air but its another timbre , still...:dunno:tits sounds analog vintage....like all other examples
    the preset in khords is still winner as starting point...absynth has this i bet...

do anyone know which note in the original is used ?

:deep_facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  6. Gyro Gearloose

jynx

you know this sound...dont you ?!

7. Gyro Gearloose

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  8. Gyro Gearloose

History of noise in music production

Noise has always been used in sound production as a tool for sound design and synthesis. First of all, it’s a basic tool for live sound. Pink noise, because of its particular frequency response (energy is proportional to the frequency, so energy levels decrease as the octaves increase), displays a very natural frequency response. This means that it is used to test P.A. systems and adjust their frequency response in concerts, showrooms, studios and festivals. When producing, it’s very common to filter noise to create different sonic textures. In film production, the majority of the water or wind sounds you can hear (especially in old movies) is simply noise being filtered and modulated. Also, it plays a substantial role in synthesisers, where the inclusion of noise, modulated by envelope generators, LFOs, filters, etc. gives a unique character to the sounds produced. This makes it possible to create tones that sound bright or harsh, or comfortable and warm, simply by layering the right amount of it. If you think of a lot of the famous “rave” synth sounds that are very in your face and harsh, they usually have a good amount of noise content layered on top of more musical wave forms, giving them that “airy” character.
    https://www.denise.io/blog/2019/9/n...explained-in-two-minutes-with-pro-mixing-tips

9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

In the original song I hear the Pad is compressed and side chained by the kick.I often do that.This gives movement.
    A delay or a chorus after the reverb can be tricky too.
    And Like Tits said a phaser is nice with pads.Like Gyro said layering the pad with a (white,often) noise give some consistency.

Try the TC VSS3 Reverb,it's nice too.Or the Native Instruments ones,they are easier to understand and sound great.

10. Gyro Gearloose

i just dont begin to ask whats with the drumset...also his last example was way better then the analog vintage phaser synth from the screaming title artist

11. Gyro Gearloose

got confirmation on that...at least you find very similar...90ies digital air pad
    so such preset we could reverse instead of .....

12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Yeah Absynth is awesome for pads,textures,drones,SFX.