Beats Headphones: the Truth !!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by P O P, Jun 27, 2015.

1. P O P

P O P Kapellmeister

The most popular Solo headphones have been disassembled by PopMech so let's have a look inside it. GO!!
    You'll see that they're incredibly cheaply made & very fragile.

edit: i don't know how to change the title(my first post) but of course you have read the "TRUTH" ,sry :wink:
    edit 2: title modified ty Xsze *yes*

3. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

What I got from this (apparently) biased article is that Dr.Dre uses metal parts to make 20 bucks cans look like they're worth 10 times more their production value... Which is somewhat true since mine broke after a year I had them :rofl: :rofl:

4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

For me there's just one headphone I enjoy listening to and those aren't Beats. :rofl:
    On topic- Not surprised at all. Only surprising for me is why people still buys them? Same with iPhone..no idea :(

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/17778-beats-by-dre-headphones-only-cost-14-to-manufacture/page__p__114362__fromsearch__1#entry114362

6. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Why isn't it obvious, without any investigation at all, that this is just yet another case of "paying for the name?" These headphones sound like diarrhea; that should be another obvious non-selling point. But then, if all one listens to is "beats," one's taste isn't that discerning, so . . .

Now that Paris Hilton is a "DJ," why isn't she marketing her own $1,000 pair of $10 headphones?

I'll write my own name on a gum wrapper and sell it to you for $1.00.

7. xsze

xsze Guest

Here you go:

1. Click "Edit" on your post, right down corner

[​IMG]

2. than click on "Use Full Editor"

[​IMG]

3.look up for "Topic Title" and edit it

[​IMG]

8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

So the price doesn't match the sum of the individual parts and the production cost.
    Newsflash!

9. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

You're right. They are the most popular, but not because of their sound or build quality. And no one buys them because of their sound or amount of metal included. I think it's really a waste of time to discuss it over and over again.

10. P O P

P O P Kapellmeister

for sure it's better to spend your money on AKG, BEYERDYNAMICS,AUDIOTECHNICA,SONY .... headphones :break:

11. SomeOtherGuy

SomeOtherGuy Member

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

It will be not surprising if fake one provide better sound quality. Chinese are known they can provide to world customers extreme value for money if they want. It will be not first time, if the fake product is better than original, even if both are made in the same Country or even same Fab.

13. To make a long story short: Went to a store, tried out the Beats, they sucked oh so very much, got the salesman to listen to my headphones (AT M50's) and then to the Beats with the same tune playing (Flatbush Zombies, MRAZ), told him I thought that the Beats were defective, he agreed, got a fresh pair, we listened again, same story, they sucked oh so very much. Moral of the story...you don't get what you pay for..sometimes.

14. demian777

demian777 Newbie

The most complete and fantastic explanation, the real truth! :wink:

15. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

I'm enjoying in my Presonus low budget headphones... 35EUR, Beats = Myth *yes*

Some of my friends (pros) in their studios uses Sennheiser HD280 Pro

16. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Get a pair of Beyer DT770 and you will forget all about your headphones.

17. xsze

xsze Guest

18. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Yup. This is indeed the truth. I got a pair of beats solos as a present for my 21st birthday last year. I must say, I enjoyed the beer infinitely more. :rofl: :lmao:
    The [beats headphones] also sounded like s**t as well. And were poorly made. When I asked how much was spent on them - "$300, son! Aren't the great?!?!" I replied "Yeah, definitely!" To show respect. Then I thought "Yeah, Come the zombie apocalypse and If I run short on toilet paper, these should come in very good handy!" :lmao:
    I put them on once and was deeply unsatisfied with the sound. I sold my beats to a friend for $150. Now I use a $50 pair of Bob Marley brand "earth-friendly" headphones along with a pair of HD201's like others mentioned above . They are both infinitely better than beats, and cheaper.

19. mindtouch

mindtouch Newbie

Not to play devil's advocate, but has anyone tried the Beats Studios? I only see discussions about the Solos, which i agree are complete rubbish. But when I tried the Studios I was surprised they werent really that bad, and actually rather impressed with the sound.

Of course nothing compared to by Beyer DT770's, but definitely not worth the bad press towards the 'Beats' name as a whole.

And since were on the topic, does any one have any recommendations on anything better than the DT770's? around the same price, if not cheaper? Planning on getting a few more sets for the studio.

:)

20. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Yep i own the Sennheiser hd280 and the 20.00 dollar Hd202 there the best flat accurate headphones around from 200 and under Yes The Senhessier Hd202 ! 20.00 order them Excellent Cans :wink:

21. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

HD555 here and some $7 ear buds to do sound design on, i am happy with it.

beats are hurting my ears, tried them in a shop and laughed so hard.