Beatmaking Is A Legitimate Artform

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Nov 19, 2017.

1. My annoyance is directed at this idea, not at you. My bad, Depeche Mode is important to me so I might have gotten a bit unhinged there. Nothing personal honestly.

2. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

Room to speak? What are you saying?

3. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Frontal attack is not the way. My cunning plan:[​IMG]

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

I love you and your style.:hug:

5. black.afrika.zulu.x

6. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

:mates:

7. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Why don't you make dubstep? For roughly the same reason -- not a fan (though I did like Banksy a lot, he just doesn't age well).

8. black.afrika.zulu.x

I don't really know Dubstep. Yeah, Banksy didn't evolve.

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

the way i always looked at it was i like playing and using real instruments for certain reasons of the things involved, other times i like using synth and sound design stuff for the things involved its not like some elitist mentality, its about what results you seeking , your using different paint brushes. it is not a big brush is better than a little brush type of argument.
    you can have both types together! one or the other! any configuration!

THE HUMAN BRAIN IS THE ACTUAL INSTRUMENT

the only issue of comparison with daw music making vs actual instruments. is that punching notes into graph paper midi piano roll and hitting transport play button , does nothing for developing timing and precision, compared to playing real instruments, but the listener not really concerned with that .
    it scientifically takes more talent to play a piano or guitar and keep timing accuracy, compared to punching into piano roll and snap features then hitting play button.
    but not the type of talent that most music fans care about.
    MOST music fans care about the type of talent that is
    ripping off everything that has been already done before and is popular but making the song "seem" like its brand new every time you hear it. basically talent of trickery ( a talent we all have to have by the way im not putting that down it is the most important talent)
    and by those standards.the real instrument vs synth dont matter.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  10. black.afrika.zulu.x

"Haters mad for whatever reason." - Rae Sremmurd

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

Man please let people help you and me. These guys have visions inside them that you and me absolutely don't know what that vision means. :bow:

Please listen to this piece at least twice. I don't know you like it or not but without having an instrumental vision, and just relying on the sampling, pitching, stuttering, etc you can never make sth even by having the best samplers, DAWs and FXs in the market. I also don't know making such thing is in your future plans or not but manipulating the samples and sticking them together is not enough for you, believe me. Working with samplers would never open new doors inside your brain and will leave them remain locked forever.:dunno:

https://clyp.it/hbvdbjqv

12. black.afrika.zulu.x

Ok. I will listen. And give feedback.

13. @black.afrika.zulu.x Man. I apologize, my comments were aimed at the poster named "LuckySevens". I was in a mad rush earlier and failed to pay close enough attention to the convo :dunno: >> Doh!

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

Please don't tell me that it's carried out better by midi orchestration. The sound quality isn't my intention but the feeling that it evinces. Even in order to make soundtracks with DAWs you must have instrumental sentiment and compositional perspective. It's the most controlled way of composition in contemporary music and its creator positively needs to be in higher positions artistically and have broad view than other genres of music and pay more attention to the low-down of music. In beat, hit, groove, etc making those details are neglected and the producer's ears are closed to those naked facts and truths.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2017
  15. What is this about?

16. black.afrika.zulu.x

Bruh, don't even try to understand.

17. black.afrika.zulu.x

@LuckySevens is a sucka! I wanna hear all this amazing music he purports to be prolific. He says he's famous.

18. black.afrika.zulu.x

BRUH, can you give me a chance to listen first!

I will listen within the hour. In the meantime...

How do you feel about how I flipped a Depeche Mode sample to this:

19. black.afrika.zulu.x

My suggestion to you is: Listen to the "Interstellar" soundtrack...you actually create more tension by softening your strings rather than by making them loud and grating and dramatic...the quieter, the more the more intense, paradoxically.

My other criticism is that the piece is static...why don't you score a photograph that means something to you rather? An old photo of your mother or yourself as a child?

You have ONE WEEK!

20. I understand, I was just seeing if @Lambchop would stand up. I wasn't putting any money down.