Beat the system - Get Sonnox Oxford Inflator for free legally

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Valnar, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Nulled out against a fucking Waveshaper dude, and I bought it on Black Friday :facepalm:
    Link to the Waveshaper presets are in the video description.

Tasks for the future: Learn the maths behind music so I get immune to this idiotic marketing talk.
    Let me show you what I mean:

"It has a distortion profile that is designed to be least perceptible when we are listening to complex and familiar sounds (i.e. music) - it's a kind of aural anomaly. This is why in the special case of a sine wave you can hear it, but in Music it's much less intrusive." = It's just a Waveshaper but fuck you, I won't tell you
    - Paul Frindle (Sonnox Programmer)

"The Oxford Inflator can be used to increase loudness of almost any programme material, imparting tube-like warmth and dynamic excitement while retaining dynamic information" = It's just a Waveshaper but fuck you, I won't tell you
    - Found on Sonnox website

Is this the type of Company you would buy your plugins from?

Industry standard btw. I feel like everyone can afford to be an asshole to us because plugin buyers are so easy to satisfy and it makes me mad that I fell for it too, we are the bottom of the fucking barrel, no more excuses now, we need to build systems around it and defend ourselves against this cancer.

Actually another reason to go crack only and be really bitter about it, except for a handful of manufacturers who are actually your friend like TDR or Klanghelm, who knows maybe that was the right call all along.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Yes, we know, or rather most of us do.
    The question is, what is behind the band split? Which filters and how are they integrated? Whatever was used here, it's pretty darn clever.

Here is the associated math:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Jeffrey_Goinz

Jeffrey_Goinz Ultrasonic

Ich hatte immer die vermutung beim Inflator, aber das ist ja echt billig!:rofl:
    Hatte vor 10 Jahren oder so auch den Sonnox Channelstrip, Inflator und den Limiter verwendet, das bestätigt mir aber das es diese "teuren" plugins einfach nicht wert sind, und dann kommt der Ilok-Struggle noch dazu. Das würde ich mir nie antun! Mittlerweile gibt es ja bessere kostenlose plugins wie von Airwindows etc. Danke für die Info!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Darth Vader Son

Darth Vader Son Banned

Fuck the complicated plugins.
    One Button plugins or One Knob ones rules!
    Soundgoodizer!!! Yeah!

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

Clickbait infiltrator

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

I have to admit I am not the biggest fan of Glenn Fricker (SpectreSoundStudios) but I felt like he was suited to this job and a minute ago he responded to my inquiry.
    We might get something interesting the next couple of days :)

Dude, a million percent not, no, most of you don't know.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

cloning something is not the same as coming up with it

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Skaunker

Skaunker Kapellmeister

Sure thing, but discovering the works behind is always interesting, because opens to improvement.

Thus we don't know, afaik, if it really is a waveshaper or just gives the results of it since it's a black box unfortunately...

I stuck with the old ked version of Inflator and never knew if they updated the sampling calculations or just oversampled the thing through the versions. Since I discovered it was an aliasing factory, I admit I never used again since 2017...

If anyone smart enough btw knew how to implement a similar waveshaping function with apShaper (my trials just led to some psychedelic fails) I'm interested.

Oh and Happy New Year everyone :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Darth Vader Son

Darth Vader Son Banned

"Yeah but you can make a lot of money on this and who cares" ~ Uli Behringer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

RCInflator (Oxford Edition) is available as a JSFX plugin for REAPER. It has oversampling and GUI. Sounds just like the sonnox plug.

I installed it last week and did a side by side comparison. Repack has it available.
    I'm not sure where to get a VST.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. madbuzzin

madbuzzin Platinum Record

eh, sonnox is far better and offers more

TDR has literally only compressors and EQs
    Klanghelm literally doesnt have a single EQ..

14. Ŧยχøя

Ŧยχøя Audiosexual

15. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

That's their main purpose, I would say that I grab their plugins for saturation more often than their main functions.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Yet most of u will still buy a new waveshaper (or compressor, whichever plugin as long as it costs $$$$!) and dammit to hell, SWEAR U CAN HEAR A GAME-CHANGING DIFFERENCE!

17. harkermist

harkermist Noisemaker

damn why do people still care if something aliases or not lol. no one is gonna hear that shit when its coming out of a phone speaker having been brickwalled by tiktok

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

You're missing the point, I have nothing against collecting Waveshapers if they're honest with the advertisement mate :)

I'd disagree, I think Sonnox Limiter is awesome just like TDR's. Not better by any means, but suited for different material. SlickEQ GE can also compete with Oxford EQ hands down, I haven't tried the other plugins yet.

Not 100% sure on this one but aliasing is related to Intermodulation Distortion right? If yes then that'd be an argument for avoiding it just for more convenient workflow.... well in theory, yeah they still use Decapitator on busses and don't give a fuck, all good.

Reaper JS plugin:
    https://stash.reaper.fm/42917/RCInflatorGUI
    Original Post: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2510028&postcount=185

Ableton Max4Live plugin:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mginwdll2jfl7d/Conflator.zip?dl=0
    Original Post: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=557007&p=7969634&hilit=inflator#p7969634

And for the Melda version shown in the video, get the Melda Free bundle and this custom preset:
    https://gearspace.com/board/attachm...r-please-demistify-oxinflatorcurves_melda.zip

Some call it cloning, I say it has been digitally portrayed :rofl:

19. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

That vid was posted several weeks (months) ago here in the forum so yes, a bunch of us already knew.

VOS SlickEQ comes with saturation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Mh, shit I suck. Sorry. Well at least I could vent a little :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  21. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

You're missing my point, my friend, lol. I'm saying it's good ur calling this out because it shows how people are so influenced by marketing rather than actual testing of a product. We (yes u and me and everyone else) are marketed fools, and tend to believe based on hope and hype. How many times do I call out marketing bullshit, but get attacked by those fooled by marketing hype? I'm literally tryna save people from hype, lol!

People are free to collect all the plugins they wish, I do it, but slow down when it comes time to justify your decisions, don't be quick to use that marketing hype ("It has a distortion profile that is designed to be least perceptible when we are listening to complex and familiar sounds (i.e. music) - it's a kind of aural anomaly. This is why in the special case of a sine wave you can hear it, but in Music it's much less intrusive.") to make decisions seem more sound and informed.

Attached Files: