Bazzi vs Eden Prince - Mine : How to make this future house/bass style synth?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Crockdog3000, May 22, 2018.

1. Crockdog3000

Crockdog3000 Newbie

00:57 Seconds - Unable to link to time with the embedded link for some reason

It's the synth on the 1 of every bar. Here's where I'm at at the moment, I have 3 sounds. One bass and two synths all from serum.https://instaud.io/29LJ

I can't get the 'happy' or 'bright' feel out of it even with changing of the chords or upping the octave. EQ boosted the highs a lot also so feeling a bit stuck.

Think I need to start over but not sure where I have gone wrong on my version.

Thanks!

3. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

not sure about the chord, but the one you play seems to be too high and to upfront. The one on the track seems to have this mellow vibe, I don't really know about music theory so don't hesitate to correct me, here's what I have for the first 4 chords :
    1st : A4, C#5, E5
    2nd : G#4, C#5, E5
    3rd : F#4, A4, C#5
    4th : G#4, B4, E5

could be more complet but it sounds close to me

On the sound design part, your not that far, maybe an enveloppe on the filter. I try with the MG Low 12 and got so good result with 116ms on attack, 0 on hold, 1.30s on decay, sustain on 0 and 15ms on release (but the most important here is the attack and decay, then it depend on the note lengh).
    For the wavetable I didn't search a lot, but got some close result with a triangle on 1 (3 on unison, detune almost at half) and a saw on the 2nd osc with 4 unison and 1/4 detune. Filter on both osc, and you can add your sub (but not necessary to make it go to the filter)

This is just a base, it need more tweak to get to this sound, maybe some reverb and stuff but its a starting point. Also your sound with the right note and the right filter will maybe sounds closer than mine so just addapt this to what you already done :)

4. Crockdog3000

Crockdog3000 Newbie

Thanks so much dude! You were right about the notes, I wasn't going for them and was trying to make a similar version to the track but I took for granted how different it made the sound. Still working on it but the tips on the envelope helped loads and I'm just sorting the layering at the moment.

Can I ask how you learned to transpose chords like that? I'd love to learn to do that with my ear like you did. Thanks again dude

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Aren't you forgetting the "happy" vibe created with the woody and delayed plucks?