battery 4 issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by funkman, May 31, 2024.

1. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

hi. this bugs me,i have a template set up in cubase 13,(was in 11,10 ,9 as well)
    i have an instance of battery with a kick on 1 track hats on another track.
    when i set this up originally if i selected the kick track for instance,i could still play other cells from battery with midi keyboard and hear the sounds,now i can only hear the kick if i play it on midi keyboard. the other cells flash when i play the midi keyboard but cant hear the sounds.
    bugs me to no end.
    i set up a separate project called battery test,and it works ok for me there.
    i.e. i can hear all the sounds from the kit in battery when i play the midi keyboard
    what is going on?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

you have saved a problem setting in the template that isn't working right. Open the project, and delete the instance of Battery. Then create a new track with Battery on it and test it again. If it works, save the template again. If it does not work, exit the project without saving. Then go back in and switch the Battery instance for some other virtual instrument. The more simple, the better.

Your problem can be from any settings on that DAW track, or the state Battery was in when saved. You have to be methodical to find your problem setting.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
  4. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

thanks for reply.
    ok so i just reloaded battery and then loaded the same kit. able to play all sounds on midi keyboard on the kick midi track.
    saved the project opened it again and back to only able to play the kick on midi keyboard,the cells flash on other sounds when i press midi notes,just no sound.
    strange oh strange