Battery 4 and routing in Logic Pro X

Discussion in 'Software' started by freefeet12, Mar 27, 2017.

1. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

When I load Battery 4 in 16 mono I get 4 Stereo and 24 mono (9-32) to choose from as my outputs for each cell. (so much for 16 mono) Pictured below. The problem is Logic, using the little + sign in the mixer, will only make 15 AUX (pic below) channels leaving me with 7 channels to work with in mono, (9-15) not enough for what I want to set up. I tried to go to Battery 4 in the preference section and change the stereo ch. to mono but it seems like it forces me to use at least 4 stereo channels. So I'm stuck with that or using 16 stereo channels, which are available if I set it up 16 stereo outputs in the prefs. In Batter 3 I could get away with 1 stereo out and the rest mono. By the way, I tried panning the samples in Battery 4 left or right to put them on one channel but the volume drop sucks, plus it's counterintuitive.

So my question are:

1: Is there a way to get more aux channels out of logic per instrument? Some setting I'm missing? (honestly never seen more)
    2: Is there some setting in Battery I'm missing?
    3: Does it matter if mono sample are coming out of stereo channels? What are the draw backs, if any?
    4: Or am I just forced to stay in Battery 3?

What the hell NI? Why U make stereo channels so important in a product advertised as a "cutting-edge drum sampler" with "intuitive routing"?

Thanks.

Attached Files: