bass, strings, percussion sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by vampire, Oct 15, 2013.

1. vampire

vampire Newbie

This one seems obvious at first, but then I am not really sure. Listen here:

http://picosong.com/qyDL/

How to make that percusive sounding string attack sound, is it even a combination of a horn maybe?

What sample libraries or vsts can achieve that? is it just drums, but it doesnt sound like its just
    normal drums sound to me...

thanks a lot

:)

Attached Files:

3. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

I m either not hearing what you described, or you connected all this sounds bar the guitar into one in your mind

4. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I am only hearing this from one ear right now but that sounds like a synth string patch, or synth layered with strings playing a chord, nothing out of the ordinary I'd say.

5. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

I'm not sure I quite understand the question, but those attack sounds doesn't seem like anything special to me either.
    I get the feeling of some 80's digital synth emulation of horns.

6. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

the pucky sound that becomes stringy is i think the filter envelope time increase, you can do this quite easily in predator for example. You asign mod wheel or whatever to change overal timing og the envelopes. I think operator in ableton has a similar feature. Than there are some amen break style snares, and the brass type synth sound. But the way you describe it is as if though the snares and horns are the same. thats why you got me a bit confused

7. vampire

vampire Newbie

Ok so wait, according to you, its a combination of: amen break style snares, synth brass?

i am wondering about the percussion there, there is that noisy "shhh" when the brass hits or whatever the sound is.

Sorry, i am not expert on describing things.

8. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

To me it just sounds like a cymbal or processed hihat that's mixed in with the synth sound :dunno:

9. vampire

vampire Newbie

Yea, I will just try a lot of combinations here with libraries and vst i have and see if i can come close to that.

thanks guys

10. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

http://www.putlocker.com/file/CD8541EE7AFEC5D6 (Midi)
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/94226CC5C2194333 (Example)

Maybe these help? It's not exactly accurate but it's similar and you can see what I used and mess around and develop it.

Otherwise, it's pretty much what everyone else said. Drums/hats, Envelope automations, volume automations, arp-like lines and noisy synth patches.

Wow, that felt like making a GBC soundtrack or a chiptune or something. So much koolness... :wow: