Bass Absortion - different Options

Discussion in 'Studio' started by flworius, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Which Outline ist best?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. flworius

flworius Member

Setting up the new Studio Room I could need some advice regarding absorption. First of all, I decided to "close" the windows by building a 25ish deep Absorber that has the size of the window bay. My curtains are closed anyway most of the time and the windows are not that great so I could dampen some of the street noise. Just will get a bright Daylight Bulb or two for the Rooms Light during the day. So that´s that. This would leave the wall between the Window Bays free, I could maybe fit a slim panel, but no broadband absorption on this space. Don't know if that's optimal. I also would add some superchunks in that version. The second Option would be to sacrifice another 25cm-ish Room Depth and just put Mineral Wool on the whole Wall. So I would have like 25cm-ish Absorption on about half of the wall and 50cm-ish on the rest as window absorber and wall absorber would add up there. Maybe that would do enough for the bass already and leave me without need for super chunks. But I wouldn´t mind adding some Superchunks, maybe they would need to be that big and not quite super, just some mini chunks to further fight the bass problems.
    For better Illustration, I just add a Photo of the room.

Attached Files:

3. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual