Banning/Trolling Members....

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Introninja, Apr 12, 2016.

?

Should we strictly banned Trolls / Offensive Members

1. Yes

2. No

3. Depending on Members History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

banning goes fast and we can give temporary bans too.

i would ban after 2 or 3 warnings, its difficult to really keep track on that, but we will try to keep track on it.

2. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

If the board software doesn't support a warning system: don't you have an moderator's area? Make and maintain a list there, not really difficult...

3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

YEAH! What he sed.

All of you need to stop trolling and being obnoxious so much, it's really immature guys cmon! Were all here for a main purpose, stop destroying this purpose with irrelavant offensive posts!

I don't need to worry however, everyone knows im such an angel and the nicest guy you could ever meet on here. : )

--------------------------------------

on srs note though, yes I agree.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. mageye

mageye Producer

I propose this new method of policing/compliance...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Remember that a MOD have "only" 24h00 a day, so if he spend 3 hours moderating negativity and ego, these are 3 hours that are not spent in the constructive way.
    And a forum with too much fight is a forum where new potential members (and some old members) will left unless they like these fights.
    A 3 or 5 warning system seems fair to me if it's clearly stated in the rules.
    And yes member's history is important, as is their reaction to the warning.
    I believe in banning with the control that already exist (that is several mods, and Saint at the top).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. Desantïs

Desantïs Banned

please don't ban me I like it here and find this forum very useful!

7. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Could not agree more. When we leave our homes for the day, we never expect to get insulted or get the living daylights beat out of us by total strangers. When we come to a site such as this, there should also be an expectation of civility and respect for the opinions (even through the heated waters of disagreement). This should be the norm. Unfortunately, there are a few misguided souls that operate under the mistaken notion that anything goes (after all these faceless people are "strangers"). Wrong. 'Anonymity' should never be the catalyst that emboldens people to spew poison at other members on a forum. The kind of stuff that the average troll would certainly be quite reluctant to engage in if they were standing face-to-face with their target(s). I try and maintain the same decorum and deference with strangers over the Internet as I would in my day-to-day interactions with strangers I encounter on the streets of New York City and elsewhere. That has been my mantra since I first signed on to my first forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Agree 100%. In fact I think it's easier to be a decent person on here than it ever is in real day to day life. So there really is no excuse for poor online form.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Well said...

10. Adamdog

Adamdog Platinum Record

Ok my opinion: ban em all after 3 advices (sometimes not needed, nasty trolls don t need advices). No special favours to old members, that would be mob, rules are rules for everybody, the oldest the wisest the member should be. Old members should help mods not troll. It s part of the deal. Temporaney ban can be a solution too. IP ban? Useless. Black list? Useless. There are many ways to hide the IP. You can ban nasty newbies but not serious trolls like that. Habits, topics, system, DAW, behaviour are crucial to bust banned members that attempt to be back with new nicknames. It works. Admins and Mods already know this, I guess. So take it just as a personal opinion, by long experience, anything else.

11. Adamdog

Adamdog Platinum Record

I would put an accent on banned members that tries to re log with new names.
    once you re out, you re out. lesson learned. or it s useless

12. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

This discussion is kind of childish.
    As I said before...hang them, hang them all!
    The punishment is there effort to create new accounts.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  13. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Banning/ Suspensions what ever, it should be all discussed between Mods and the owners before any action is taken. if any buttons are added it should just be a "report TOS" button. click that and have a comment section on why you are reporting and put it in the hands of the Admin/mods etc. the they can have a word and deal with it in an appropriate manner. im not really down for outright banning but repeat offenders should have certain access revoked IE start thread comment on thread etc. or you can be like me and just block it all out... I never understood trolling , its the internet its not real life.

14. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Given the wave of hysteria sweeping western culture with respect to political correctness, I'm wary of ever imposing sanctions against someone because someone else thinks you've been "mean". I also have a history of antagonizing bullies which has revealed to me the extent of pearl clutching, couch-fainting sensitivity of some of our membership.

However, I know every single mod of this board to be a reasonable person, so if you think someone should get the boot, you have my support. This site doesn't need to be a democracy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Pff. "offensive"? To who? The arbiter of all offensiveness? Hypocrisy-me-do...

As far as trolling goes; in tthe sense that I understand it (ie the "fishing" sense rather than confusing it for flaming) some of the most entertaining posts on the internet have involved trolling. From the classic help-line "the cupholder on my PC doesn't work" onwards...

16. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

We thank You guys for you Participation and Greatly appreciate your openness and suggestions, and as you have seen from @SAiNT's Post We are Dedicated to making this forum a viable and pleasant place for all involved. as of now this thread is closed and we will implement the necessary and final steps to insure everyone continues to thrive and enjoy the experience of AudioSEX as it was envisioned. For now Everyone have a Wonderful day and go MAKE some MUSIC!!

P.S. We will be announcing Some new projects soon so stay tuned.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  17. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Already been in place, and the same names keep and keep repeating themselves. I even have a list of banned members and screen ip address of new members when time permits, i have no interest in power & dominance, just good music & great members is all i need.

I want to take this time to thank all of you for voicing your opinions and recommendations, and what we have here is nothing we can't handle.

I made this thread to maintain the integrity & Commitment of this forum and the joint responsibility between the mods & members so that we all can be on the same playing field and enjoy what we have and forever more.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List