Banned from audioz . eu

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by severn, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. severn

severn Noisemaker

hi,

i signed for Vpn yesterday and im getting this message when i try and log in to Audioz

Ваш аккаунт на сайте заблокирован:

Ваша учетная запись на сайте была заблокирована администратором. При этом были указаны следующие причины:

Your IP has been banned

*i'm not spamming AudioZ*

Срок окончания блокировки: Forever!

Это полностью автоматический процесс блокировки и от вас не требуется ничего делать для его ускорения или прекращения.

anyone can help me with this please ?

thanks

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

I suggest you PM one of the admin guys/gals and ask them privately.

4. severn

severn Noisemaker

yep good idea thx

5. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

It is probably not your fault. Some IPs get added to spamming lists. Your IP may be shared with other people, and your IP may be in a 'range of IPs'. From time to time, over the years, I have seen this also, and I have come to understand what I've just said. You could ask your internet provider to assign you a different IP because you are seeing this problem and you have not acted to spam anyone.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Exactly like Jack said, you probably share part of a range of IP's that have been banned for one reason or other. In the future there is no point in making a public thread because nobody besides the staff can help you (aside from explaining why) so just message someone and we'll work on it. I will be in touch after I catch some sleep, I've been at it for too long for today. Send me your current IP address as a reply to that message you PMed me and I will look into what the status is in the database for that address. We'll work from there.

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

But since you're on VPN IP is most likely dynamic.
    I don't know if admins can unban a username even if it connects from a banned IP range
    without having to change code in the site. Just have some patience and maybe use a proxy to access audioz for now :mates:

8. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

9. severn

severn Noisemaker

yep i think it is dynamic as i can connect ok now with the Vpn on

thx

10. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

then it definitely is a banned ip address (or blocks of ip addresses) that your VPN is using when you connect :wink:

shutting down the VPN link and re-starting should give you a new ip address from your VPN (dynamic)

11. supersharpshooter

supersharpshooter Member

If you are just downloading is the VPN necessary?

12. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

using a VPN (virtual private network) supposedly hides your online identity and is used as a personal security tool in preventing your ISP (and other snoopers) from monitoring your internet activity. It also allows you to bypass ISP blocking of banned websites, etc. Running a VPN whilst downloading is dependent on whether A) you can not access the file from your ISP or B) you wish to hide what you are downloading.

for more info: http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2012/09/05/start-using-vpn-choose-best-one-needs

13. KingCantona

KingCantona Newbie

SAiNT

hi mate basically some power hungry idiot banned me from audioz because i am having a bad day and he was a jobsworth, he messaged me saying my post of ' any love for MAC users ' was deemed as against terms, reason i posted that was because the software was for windows and i wanted to know if it was being sorted for us mac users.

can you help me out at all I've never come across this dude before and am having bad day and i feel he was over the top when all i was asking if there was any love for us mac users

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  14. statik

statik Audiosexual

send a pm as saint said earlier in this thread, dont call other mods powerhungry indiots, having a bad day isnt really an excuse

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Daz

Daz Guest

:rofl:

The only person who can ban you from Audioz is SAiNT, so it appears you have just called the guy you are asking help from a power hungry idiot :deep_facepalm::facepalm:
    I'm guessing you sent the moderator a nasty or threatening PM, and he forwarded it to SAiNT, and that's why you were banned, is that correct?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Last week, my partner who uses a different VPN than I do could no longer post replies to threads, or create new ones.

We share the same internet connection but our VPNs are totally separate from each other. The partner's posts were banned on the premise that they looked like spam. Upon changing VPN, the problem went away. No power hungry Mods or long-suffering SAiNTs were involved. Purely a random chance that the VPN that my partner uses had flipped over to a block of known bad IP addresses.

This week, it's back to normal. Technology, eh?

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. saltwater

saltwater Guest

fail.png

18. Daz

Daz Guest

It is against the rules to make requests in the comments but you wouldn't get banned for that, unless you kept doing it repeatedly.
    Your previous comments on AZ seem fine for the most part, so you must have got banned for other reasons you haven't mentioned, like what I suggested above for example, or there has been a mistake :dunno:

19. Impressive

Impressive Guest

The guy you are talking about is more than likely Olymoon. And he is not a power hungry idiot... he's only doing his job. Maybe the moderator was having a bad day too and had to log on to do his job only to have to censor a violation of a rule that is so commonly broken (and it got real old a long time ago, so much that I'd be surprised if some mods don't find themselves eating a delicious bowl of macaroni and cheese and suddenly have PTSD flashbacks of "mac please" comments).
    It's not like I haven't been reprimanded for an unwanted comment either though. I've had my ability to comment temporarily disabled in the past for violating the "No off topic comments" rule numerous times. Do I blame the moderator? No. I blame myself.

But nonetheless, the only person who can officially ban you from AudioZ is SAiNT. But moderators can alter your abilities in some way (like freeze your ability to comment, post requests, etc). There have been moderators in the past who were power hungry people who took matters into their own hands but were blown out of the water for it, and it takes a really trusted/responsible person to become a mod. It's really hard to become a moderator. Believe me, I offered myself to be one a couple of years ago.
    But... while you may or may not be talking about SAiNT, it doesn't matter. Calling anyone from his team/community that would very likely reduce your chances of getting help from him. Just admit your wrongdoing and if he lets you off the hook be sure to not let it happen again.

Like Daz said, you basically called the guy who you want to help you a "power hungry idiot". This is the simplified version of your message:
    "Hi there, you power hungry idiot, can you unban me?"

I was the admin I would normally give you a second chance but with that wording I would not let you back in. :no:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Impressive

Impressive Guest

There are spam filters everywhere on the internet because there is spam everywhere. Quite frankly, it's a pain in the ass for those of us who are not spammers. My social media accounts sometimes make me randomly put in a security captcha because I type too fast and so "the system" accuses me of being a bot. :deep_facepalm: It only takes me 1-2 minutes to type my notoriously long comments on here. That's how fast I type.

In rare cases these filters will make an error, resulting in a redundant pain in the ass for real users.

Yeah bro... technology. Because there's so many spambots and DDOSers and shit, things just can't be simple anymore. :suicide:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  21. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer