Backup Arturia Presets

Discussion in 'Software' started by wacha, Nov 21, 2022.

1. wacha

wacha Member

Hello friends.

Arturia software installs an absolute nightmarish jungle of folders. Insane stuff.

Anyone could give the simple rundown on how to backup presets for Arturia software?
    Where they are and what files to backup?

Cheers

3. aghori

aghori Ultrasonic

I don't know what's the smart way to backup user presets, but what I did was copy my user preset folder for each plugin (they're in the the library location you picked during installation, in "Presets", in ProgramData/Arturia if you didn't use custom install) and then pasting them again in the folder after I did y reinstall.
    And yeah, Arturia folders are a complete mess, they should really fix this, most of it is copies of UI images at different size (for zoom purposes), it takes GB of storage and makes it impossible for me to put them on my SSD.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

My standard approach to find my own presets: I name one something like "find me and delete me" and look for it with voidtools Everything (free tool).
    For factory presets, I'm looking for a unique name and search for this with voidtools.
    As long as all single presets are saved as a separate files and are not combined, this works perfectly fine and especially Arturia is really bad at combining files.

5. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets WIN: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets

simply copy it, done.