BACKSTEIN - a Christmas special (and recipe)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

My 4th Christmas-themed tune. A parody of one of my favorite bands of all time. And also a cookie recipe I like a lot. Especially if you add cinnamon (only visible in the video ;) ). Just to clarify this: it's more on the comedy side of things...

And that's it for 2017...although I am already working on song no. 28 it won't be out until some time in January. Hopefully 2018 brings a job and with that also money. I definitely need a new bass and less problems.

Merry whateveryoucelebrate or just enjoy the quiet time of the year folks! (sorry for those of you working in retail)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  3. spyfx

spyfx Guest

nice Polymetrix,thanks for sharing :like:
    I really like what is happening in this song in 2.34 in :like:

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

:thumbsup: Richtig gut gemacht!!:metal:

Den link verschick ich gleich weiter.

5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Excellent!
    I missed the part where it says what setting to use on the flamethrower for cooking the pastries to a nice golden brown.
    Oh well. I'll just turn it up to 11 and hope for the best. :)

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Enjoyable ... Thank You
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Polymetrix

Thank you all - very glad it's enjoyable!
    Und danke für's weiterschicken ;)

For your convenience:
    300 gr flour, 100 gr sugar, 200 gr butter, 1 egg, an unwaxed and totally untreated lemon (or simply lemon cest) and a pinch of salt.
    If your flamethrower offers a temperature setting use 175°C, otherwise or if only higher settings available try the lowest setting and short bursts instead of constant burning because otherwise you'll get BACKSTEIN! (you have been warned)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Yer less of a Christmas Cake imo

More of a Fruitcake

Have a belter of a Crimbo ya mad bastid :headbang::metal::drummer::hillbilly:

EDIT: Hmmm no likes, or reciprocal wishes.......... I'm begining to wonder if this translates ok
    ....ah well win some loose some

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Enjoyed, as ever! Kinda loved the video, rly witty. Also too mouthwatering at some parts, and that was just the facial hair >___> j/k. I guess it's (from the veeery little German i know*) a recipe? Weird that ur voice seems more "sweet" (i guess moar relaxed!) singing in native tongue. Although, saying that, some of the stuff ya done about Clementine (I imagine lots of old time stuff - liek Waltzing Matilda - would make good, bittersweet "vaccine" variations) is the same. Anyway, difficult to know much of the context, don't even know which (favorite) band ur referencing?

* he's called Gunther. He does all my translation work >___>

10. No Avenger

@famouslut

If Polymetrix doesn't mind, I can help you.

Yes, it's a recipe for cookies. "Backstein" means brick. If you leave the cookies too long in the oven they'll turn into bricks.

And in case your question about the band is meant seriously, it's Rammsten (if it's not meant seriously I'm making a fool of myself - again [​IMG])

11. Polymetrix

To be honest: in general I feel it's easier to sing in English. German only works in these Rammstein-esque (Neue Deutsche Härte) contexts or in a medieval-folk-surrounding (Schandmaul, In Extremo,...) for me. But: Till's (Lindemann) style is the one I've tried to imitate the longest. I was 9 years old in 1997 when "Sehnsucht" was released and when I got it as a Christmas gift. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea considering the lyrics but ever since I was a fan and the day my voice was low enough (YEARS later ;) ) for some songs I've been singing along. So I am quite experienced with this type of "almost singing" while the regular singing I do for my music only dates back to 2008 and there was quite a break in 2012/2013. I am still working on my regular singing skills while anything Rammstein is just...natural. Other German stuff isn't as easy. And: my regular releases are barely rehearsed. Most of the time it's like:
    Monday: finished lyrics, first test
    Tuesday: first recorded tests, reworking lyrics
    Wednesday: some bs happens and I can't practice
    Thursday: real recording and practice at the same time
    Friday: re-record everything (final)
    It's far from ideal but I can't practice too much due to living in an apartment building. What usually might sound "not relaxed" is probably just the lack of practicing the specific song. It annoys me quite a bit but heck...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. No Avenger

You know that, in our country, in appartments you are allowed to practise singing every day for some hours?
    I know several people who show "no mercy" and do this. :yes:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  13. Polymetrix

I am aware of that but I also know that there's no actual law. And my neighbors are all fighting each other they were sueing in the past and I couldn't afford getting tangled up in their bs. They're really childish people. One guy acts like he's the janitor (there is none) others fight him over it but the same people are allies against a 3rd party who just moved in and...there are 9 apartments: 3 small ones for rent (that's me) and 6 large ones owned by the inhabitants. So it's a kindergarten.

14. No Avenger

They allowed a drummer to play 45 - 90 minutes on workdays in an appartment??? :hahaha: GREAT!

15. No Avenger

I hate those kind of people. Completely unnecessary!

16. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I have many of the same sorts of problems, tryn not to annoy neighbors when inspiration is there, I guess I try at least! I kinda imagine you live in Finland @No Avenger a place (for some reason) i've got the impression that it's kinda haven / commune for music, sorta.

It always sounds quite polished & (dare I say) slick! I think your "usual voice" always suits the material rly exactly. I guess it's just experience & talent! I've rly never heard (of) Rammstein, shows how out of the loop I am, rly. I'll have to check out their ouvre.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. No Avenger

Aha, so you didn't read my first post in this thread - noticed. [​IMG]
    Just kidding. I'm from Germany like highly talented Polymetrix.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would recommend "Live from Madison Square Garden", that's great, but if you never heard of them, you may neither like what you will hear, nor what you will see.