Background Noise, ASUS Notebook, Realtek HD Audio

Discussion in 'PC' started by Evolcinos, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Evolcinos

Evolcinos Newbie

Hi,

i started with a 2nd-Hand Notebook from HP with Win 7, and i was not complainig about any Sound-Issue, it worked like any other Device with Headphones pluged in (like Mobilephone or Mp3-Player), means, the Signal to Noise Ratio was acceptable.

Now with my new ASUS X555UA - Win 10 Home - 64Bit : two Issues about Sound are annoying me.

1. Headphone Output is quite dirty, means a lot of static Background Noise, and it doesn't matter if on Battery or on Wall-Power-Supply. "A lot" means, that it's much too audible when the Music of a Track is on a Low-Volume-Spot (Break, Fade-in/out of a Track, or if Tracks are changeing), with other words, listening to Ambient for Example, is now Fun at all this way.

2. As i am running an Analyzer-Plug-in (Brainspawn Spectre Pro converted by dxshell, and turned to .exe by Savihost, i notice a Latency by Microsoft Soundmapper at the Input of Savihost, means that the Graphics of the Analysing is a little bit (just too noticeable) to late. I couldn't get it optimised in savihost, but all i know is, that everything did work much better and as expexcted on that old Win 7 Notebook.

I start thinking, that Realtek HD Audio Driver Version 6.0.1.7620 is the Problem ?

I am not finding much Information about my Background Noise Issue on the Web, except that one User wrote, that he went to AC97 Driver and had Crystalclear Sound, but that Post was realated to a Crackling-Issue that many Users had, when upgrading an older Win-Version to Win 10.

When it comes to Studio One and ASIO4All, which is performing superb, i hear the absolut same Background Noise.

So, am i already answering to myself, that it's not a Driver Issue, but maybe just bad Hardware from ASUS (like the Audiochip is badly shielded or something like that)?

Or is there anything that i don't know about about Microsoft Soundmapper or Direct X 12 ?

Buying a D/A Converter for clean Headphone Listening would surely solve my Issue #1, i could fix the Converter at the Cover of the Notebook so it would still remain handy to move the Notebook . . .

. . . but that would not fix my Issue #2 with the Latency of the Soundsignal that goes into Savihost.
    Why the Latency (of Microsoft Soundmapper?) is higher on Win 10 than on Win 7?

Is there anything that can be done?

Any Insight given to me is higly appreciated

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

4. Evolcinos

Evolcinos Newbie

Thank you Von_Steyr, that Creative SC you did recommend, ain't bad at all, but it didn't change a thing.

What did help is a USB Isolator (ADUM4160).

The Noise on the Notebook Headphone Out "came in" from the Desktop Computer (while that one is running).

Both Devices are electrically connected by USB through USB-Switch (ATEN US224) for shared Keyboard, Mouse, Midi-Keyboard and Printer.

Now it's Silence how it should be, and the Latency Issue from Savi Host, i could optimize though by reducing Buffer to "16 Samples (non standard)".