Background Music for Tutorial

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mostwest, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

hi guys, how are you? i'm looking for some cool, nice, calm music to add as background for my tutorials videos. i'm thinking of some jazzy track with nice and warm trumphets (like films, an american resturants at dinner). Anyone experienced has some suggestions??

PS: While recording when i start Studio One, i get a message from Windows that Aero will be disabled. And graphics suddenly change from trasparency to solid colors, Anyone has a solution for this?? thank you in advance.

that is episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1VP0gqYOc8

have noticed that i make a big mistake posting this topic in the wrong thread, some moderators or admin can move it to the "Music" thread?? thanks :wink:

3. Willum

Willum Rock Star

You've made an even bigger mistake using cracked software in a tutorial, doesn't look good at all and you can be tracked down via youtube :(

4. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

you are 100% right, i've seen a tutorial made by Future music. It was "In Studio with Avicii", he was using a cracked Sylenth1 too, but they public the video anyway on Magazine and YT. Next time i'll try to use only bought plugins/programms :wink:

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

Avicii can afford very good lawyers...

6. digrev

digrev Noisemaker

don't know how powerful ur computer is but ive always had areo disabled just cuz it takes extra graphics perfomance and ppl have always recommended to turn that off if to improve speed when using daw's

7. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Thanks DigiTal_Zero, i've seen Teddy Riley (on some NAMM show) working with graphics settings downgraded like windows 98. i've tried myself to disable aero and other graphics settings when working with a daw. i didn't notice any difference at all, so decided to run aero anyway.

EDIT:

I have fixed the Aero issue, seems a no compatibility between Studio One and Camtasia 8.4. Downgraded Camtasia to version 8.3 everything works fine now.

8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Since where deep down the off-topic hole thanks to willum, remix and digital_zero I'll just dig us in deeper:

I wouldn't use background music at all in a tutorial video. It's a major distraction and it will make your voice harder to understand. That's not good, because everything you want is people to listen to you.
    Not like those presenters in us-made documentaries who seem to have to walk around all the time [​IMG]

9. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

i'm not recording my voice, since i don't have a mic (yeah i can buy it for just 10-15$ dollars) and english is not my native languages. My speaking cabapilities for english are so high, so for now i'm making videos and add text box explaining my thoughts and what i'm doing. I thought about music background since the video is made up 70% of silence. i was thinking of reduce or remove the music when the daw is playing something. In the next videos i'll add also Mouse cursor effects and keystroke (the key commands i'm pressing).
    thanks for the feedback

10. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

Actually it's fine without background music. At least for me. Still if you wanna try out, you may use one of my work. I did it for purpose of background music on the phone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKWeu11QEHI

11. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

yeah why not :wink: i'll try it for sure. Can you send me an mp3 of your track?
    Could be a mistake to take out the music when the daw is playing?? Is too ameturish??