Back with new music from the heart!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by elias2tife, Sep 6, 2020.

1. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Hello everyone,

I'm back with a new production after a long break. I'd like to thank everyone for your massive support and your positive feedback on my last post.

The idea this time is to build a track that have a slow start and a very dramatic ending, a bit like a story.

I kept my bass signature (still trying to perfect it) rather than the traditional 808 bassline, I took time to experiment with distortion, I had a blast!

I hope you guys will like it, your feedback helped me shape my style and move forward.

• Like Like x 10
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Great track man very well put together

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thank you so much, glad that you like it

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  5. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Love it man... Great Arabian nights trap cinematic theme... :like::like:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

(plz don't take to heart too much! I'm a fan honest =) There was some nice, weird subtlety with ur bass on the latest track, liked the overlapping stuff. Preferred it to the last. I didn't like ur snare sound in the previous track, and hated the recurring arp thing in that track also 8( sry. (Trust those instincts @Knightsmurfer!) I liked ur kick sound (both tracks) tho, that was rly cool and standout. I liked ur strings, but the piano was a bit annoy. But not too much?

I think you could - in most recent track - (I dunno if you actually did this, cos it sounded like it was modwheel / matrixy controlled) as well as using sidechain on the pads (esp noticeable at the end) you can use "overlapping" MIDI fx (I found) liek sidechained tremolo, set rly tight (ie 1/32T, less.) Which is simultaneously (bus) sidechained to kick / snare etcs too - to make a rly musical, bouncy effect on the pads, preferably set fast & "missing" the beats? But enjoyment overalls!
    Johhny Sins paint & decorate meme from @The Pirate expected >____>;

7. Krusk

Krusk Kapellmeister

The use of a single key throughout the entire music is related to medieval and renaissance music.

Today's pop music is a very low form of the those period's music. The creativity of the composers of those periods are much more than the composers of the present period. Today the notes in pop music are used in such a way that no progress is felt during the music and the whole music ends in the first few seconds. It is true that the length of the music is 3 to 4 minutes, but the pure music content is not more than a few seconds.

I also listened to your previous songs. They are in the same situation. You have chosen a fixed harmonic-minor key and tried to create a connection in the music by sticking one or two melodies together. Like I said, if I lived in the Middle Ages, this work would have seemed valuable, but for the ears of the present, it is a little old.

Of course, the antiquity of music does not mean that it is insignificant. What deepens music is a deep understanding of it and the use of various elements in creating unity in it. For your ears, the elements used may be very deep and come from your artistic vision, which is respectable to me, but not to my ears.

or:
    Sounds perfect.:metal:

Which one do you prefer?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  8. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I liked it. Nice production and engineering.

9. daddytang

daddytang Producer

Hell Yes!

10. andrescooper445

andrescooper445 Member

Really like the title of your post, what you wrote, the build up in your track. I like the signature bass youre rolling with at the moment. One thing I would change - this track deserves a harder hitting snare with more character. Glad I listened! Going to play it again.

throw another one on top :)

11. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

- You mean elias2tife... right @famouslut ? :)

12. droplet

droplet Rock Star

love your track, and @Krusk has some good points

13. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

nice one!
    some opinions then.i think you have a strong idea that grabs your attention directly both sound and composition wise and that is not common. so great job.

now, i would suggest trashing the "verse" at 0:33 - 01:13, right now that verse just dissipates the expectations built up by the intro, its weak. if not remade maybe exchange the verse for a copy the break? but with added drums to it (dont know if it would work though..)

14. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, I agree on all of it, I tried to keep it minimal on the snare since I'm keeping in mind there gonna be vocals on the track, I will def put more effort on the snare, I trying to achieve a snappy yet subtle sound.

I'm glad you liked the bass, I'm trying to perfect my own signature, it's not perfect yet, I'm still figuring out the right balance between the sub and high bass.

15. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

The Arabian vibez are a big must for me :winker: I find its notes dark sad mysterious and hard to get bored with, it helps me also staying sane during those dark times due to the pandemic

16. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

It does show (and is appreciated!) that you're developing, something that gives headaches to most of us. Usually means being brutal towards your favorite part =( It can be overwhelming, learning that - most of the time - there is just so much more to learn! Keep experimenting, even if it ends out being a failed experiment, it's usually the best teacher. (I guess my old Soundclouds are educational, at least!)

In retrospect, that ^ is directed at me, btw.
    =) Oh I just meant you were prolly right about this in the other topic: "At first I wasn't sure about the delayed quick arpeggios..." But y'know it's all just opinions!

17. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

I prefer the first part !

Very detailed description and it's spot on, I started the build up with a slow and single note to give this mysterious dark vibes before the breakdown. Since I don't have any musical theory knowledge, I usually start with a single melody then build around it, using my ears (and my mood).
    Compared to mainstream pop music, my music def sounds old and not "commercial" enough, I got many collab opportunities with singers cancelled since it doesn't fit what majority of people want, I decided to take the risk and take this route, fortunately there is still people that don't mind experiencing unique/different genres

18. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Thanks for the valuable feedback, I'll see what I can do about the intro, I intentionally keep it since I have vocals in mind, I want to give the singer/rapper enough space to develop

19. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

Very glad that you liked it ! thanks for commenting

20. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

I truly appreciate your comment and guidance, I'll keep experimenting as much as I can, I don't really expect anything from making music as long I find joy in making it !

21. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

the intro, the chorus and break are great. its the segment after the intro that I find not that meaningful.