Aymat "Presence of Light" (atmospheric d&b)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by aymat, Aug 17, 2023.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Hi folks,

That time of the year again lol. New release today on my bandcamp page, FREE to download for anyone that's interested. Thanks for listening and the support, hope you enjoy :wink:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    • Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. drumstuff

drumstuff Member

Not my cup of tea, good sir, but i can at least tell it isn't bad. So a thumbs up from me.

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thanks!

5. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

this is my cup of tea

i've heard a few of your tracks you posted here long ago and also on youtube.

Its beautiful

takes me back to early 90s with ltj bukem spinning tunes.
    Thanks for sharring aymat!

please share more!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Sincerely, thank you!

Bukem and GLR were the catalyst for me wanting to learn how to produce, so it really means a lot to hear that. I've been making music almost 25 years and I've always struggled to finish tunes. The pandemic changed a lot for many people including myself and I took it as a sign that I needed to just get on with it and start putting out music. This is the first time I've felt like I finally have the confidence and momentum to make and release consistent music so appreciate you taking the time to comment and happy that it resonates with you. Many thanks and respect! <3

7. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

It's totally up my avenida! I thought echoes of the halcyon days of Bukem, Peshay, Seba etc. I still try to make tracks like this (but get nowhere near) and will use this as an inspiration. Superb!

8. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you!

Dude, I just noticed youre in Spain ❤️ I live in Subirats (about 45 min from Barcelona). If you dont mind me asking, do you have a soundcloud or bandcamp link to your stuff?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  9. aschnt

aschnt Producer

Very very nice one. Absolutely love the atmosphere. I don't know much about 90s dnb, but it reminded me about 90s trance actually. So cozy synths... very well defined, rond bass as well. My only reserve would be on the kick. In my headphone, the attack on the bass is snappier than the kick itself, I can barely hear it. But on the laptop speakers I can. 2nd drum kit improves it a little. But except for that.. amazing one.

10. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

De nada! Sorry for late reply.

Unless I'm mistaken, I seem to remember you posted some beautiful pics of where you lived a few years back. I'm in a town called Oliva, about 45 mins south of Valencia and love it here. Haven't been or wanted to go back to the UK since we left.

I've got a bunch of poorly mixed, unfinished stuff on my poorly made unfinished site: http://www.midgefragnet.co.uk/midgemusic.html Only a few drum and bass tracks amidst them, alas but will hopefully upload some of better quality soon. Have a plethora of far better sounding (imo) ideas on my rig, here, but, same old story....can't finish 'em.

Keep up the great work, amigo.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  11. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Ah youre an expat! Same here, moved from Colorado about 14 years ago. Never looked back lol

Thanks for the link, listened through a few tracks already, you obviously know how to write music very well. How long have you been writing?

I feel you... it's hard to finish tracks. I struggled with it almost as long as I've been making tunes myself. But some of the stuff you have on your site is excellent and nearly finished. You have some real talent, if you can make the time, I think you could easily tighten up a few of your tracks and consider them done.

12. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you!

13. Midge F

Midge F Rock Star

That's exceedingly kind of you to say so. I wouldn't necessarily call it "writing" but started 30 plus years ago in a garage band who rehearsed in a garage.

As for your move, it's clear you've made the right decision. It's a beautiful country. Happy for you.

I'll give 'Presence of Light' a few more critical listens to try and learn something rather than just float off downstream and enjoy. Cheers again.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
  14. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Pretty crazy to see this happen but the track is gaining a lot love at the moment. Made it's debut on DJ Ray Dius dnb set yesterday (comes in at 01:08:00) :

He'll be playing it again tonight on Point Blank Radio. Show starts at 20:00 until 22:00!

https://www.pointblankradio.com/shows/raydius/

Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
  15. reticular

reticular Kapellmeister

Congratz man, that is your work that is showing up!

The B.I.G. - Things Done Changed caught my ear last week too

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wow 90s atmo dnb vibe, reminds me on the Good Looking releases. awsome. i will download it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  17. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you!

18. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Thank you, I really appreciate that! I'm trying to keep focused so I can finally finish music consistently and I have a few more remixes in the pipeline. Thank you again, the encouragement helps so much! <3

19. Nefarai

Nefarai Kapellmeister

I like it bro, nice and mellow. sort of stuff I would play in my Liquid DJ sets

20. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

It's dreamy. Krisp. Clean. Live. Kind of Underworld meets Enigma sort of but updated and fresh.

well done!

21. reto

reto Rock Star

joy and nostalgia, i like this contrast.
    It's like now, the summer it's still there but the fall is near. that's the vibe.
    good job, bravo