Avoid Updating to MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Kookaboo, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Avoid Updating to MAC OS X 10.11 El Capitan

1 - Incompatible Music Software
    There have evidently been some underlying changes to the way El Capitan deals with audio and audio units. And that’s evident across forums and developer sites where the overall advice from some of the big players in the market is to wait before updating.

As of today, Steinberg (Cubase, Nuendo, Wavelab), EastWest (Play), Avid (Pro Tools), Slate Digital, Gobbler and others are advising customers to stay put on Yosemite.

Arturia are amongst those and explain that “this update may affect operations of these instruments when in Audio Unit or standalone mode. We are working with Apple to solve some issues. Indeed some of them could need a release either from Arturia or Apple.”

Native Instruments explain that validation of all of their Audio Units fail in Logic Pro X under OS X 10.11. Reassuringly, “the root cause of this issue has been identified and a workaround is still being developed in close contact with Apple. [They] will keep you updated on any developments regarding this issue.”

Read more @
    https://ask.audio/articles/5-reason...-avoid-updating-to-os-x-1011-el-capitan-today

AND @
    https://ask.audio/articles/apple-fix-el-capitan-audio-issues-in-os-x-10-11-1-beta

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

yep can't use my sound card or a lot of plugs and few Daws this is bad for Apple , theres to much broken compaitable issues with this new OS X thats why its a faster OS X ! half the shit won't run

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

:hahaha:

5. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

6. Dupree

Dupree Member

Just unlock the SIP and everything is fine...I'ts on the forum here..All my NI and Arturia and Izotope stuff is fine as well as plenty of my other plugs...This forum really showed me the way as long as i read thru different solutions and applied to my own...

7. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

always put the link to that thread so is easy for the people in this forum.

8. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

The 10.11.1 update fixes most of the AU issues. Should be final in a day or two.

9. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

avoid : apple

10. Dupree

Dupree Member

11. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

start you mac in recovery mode then open terminal and type csrutil disable restart then thats it to unlock the SIP

12. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

Bump.. Contemplating updating from 10.8.5 is this a bad idea?

13. elmonk87

elmonk87 Newbie

I'll stick with 10.8.5 for now...

btw Does anyone experience problems running paulstretch on 10.10?

14. goose

goose Noisemaker

apple has turned into a cashcow focusing more on minimalism and visual appeal rather than creating a product that is simple, but complex and robust. the older OS' didn't come without their problems but each one is insreasingly more dangerous than the last, with so many programs and tools breaking or not working under the new operating system. I still regret updating to mavericks [on yosemite now], where my snow lion was perfectly fine.

15. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Sorry I pounced on this thread late, but yeah, whatever you do, don't update to El Capitan. I actually made the horrible rookie mistake of updating from Lion (which is all I could use on my old MacBook) to El Capitan on my new MBP without doing a Time Machine backup first. Two thirds of my plugs and apps were suddenly and completely obsolete. As for whoever suggested turning off SIP, I'm glad that worked for you and others, but there's tons of older apps that either won't run or install properly, no matter what you do. After weeks of trying to either get them to run or find suitable replacements that would run, I wound up giving up, wiping my drive and starting over again from Lion (this time, with a dedicated Time Machine drive to back up to). I'm expecting to have something approximating what was on my drive when I started this whole mess within another week of painful re-installs … then, I'll try upgrading to Mavericks, see if that works out, then try Yosemite.

To be clear, stuff does actually run on El Capitan, and a few things I'd have figured wouldn't have run … but a lot of it is very glitchy. The rootless system has caused things to be moved around, so certain apps can't access their patches or libraries, interface drivers seem to have monumental dropouts, there's issues with stuff like Synrosoft, etc. There's a lot of forced obsolescence going on. If you're on Yosemite or older, and everything's stable, you might want to consider staying there for now, or at least until developers catch up.

16. jjohnsonof

jjohnsonof Member

I updated to 10.11.4 Beta (15E39d) and everything (all my daw`s, plugins etc.) runs save, stable and fast like never before. Before i ran yosemite btw. Dont let fool you by people who dont think about backups, seems to be pretty noobish (sorry, but thats the truth).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016