Avira Secure Web Browser For Pc BETA TEST

Discussion in 'PC' started by Zeus, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

[​IMG]

Most of you may heard the name of "Avira" company which makes one of the most popular free antivirus software for Windows operating system.

Top 5 Free Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Software for Windows

Now Avira has decided to release a secure web browser for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Since Avira is very popular in PC security field, they have tried to make this web browser as secure as possible.

According to Avira, there are many 3rd party web browsers available on Internet such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera but we need to install extra plug-ins and extensions to add security features in them. Avira's web browser will come with many essential and required security features built-in.

It'll try to secure your web browsing experience in 3 ways:

Client (your PC and web browser): By detecting attacks and blocking them
    Internet infrastructure (such as Wi-Fi): Fixing by end-to-end encryption
    Server (malicious websites): By identifying and blocking them
    Since Avira already has a huge database of known security threats and malicious websites, it'll help their web browser in identifying such dangerous places on Internet quickly and easily.

Avira will also implement an Auto-Pilot feature in the web browser which will be based on the security decisions taken by their backend database and experienced experts team. It'll help users in automating the repetitive security tasks as well as keeping them safe and secure on web.

Avira web browser is based on Chromium which is also used by popular web browsers Google Chrome and Opera. So you'll be able to use almost all popular extensions and add-ons which you use in Chrome or Opera.

Avira web browser can be installed in Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.

Currently Avira is under development and testing phase and a beta version is available for download.

[​IMG]

Try it here (registration required): https://betacenter.avira.com/login.html

or Direct Download:

Mega Link

Zippyshare

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • List
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

dont like avira, well i am using malwarebytes together with ghostery, adblock+ and noscript, a good team for 3+ years now, not a single infection.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. peghead

peghead Producer

Thanks for the info.
    Trying it out won't hurt.. specially if installed with Revo :)

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks a lot for the info Zeus. :cheers:

We would prefer if you didn't disable Google Analytics unless you feel it's necessary. It allows us to better serve you guys and get a picture of what's going on with AudioSex.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Agrumh

Agrumh Member

I use Avira from 3 years. It's very easy to use, and never problem with. I always search news for internet security, Im going to test it.

Catalyst
    We would prefer if you didn't disable Google Analytics unless you feel it's necessary. It allows us to better serve you guys and get a picture of what's going on with AudioSex

As you know my english sucks:crazy: (I must may be add that in my signature it's better)
    My translator tool don't translate good your message above :unsure:

For you, we can allow Google Analytics or not?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Menorah

Menorah Producer

@Catalyst

Por favor aƱada la leyenda "publicidad" arriba de los bloques de anuncio.

Ya que no se distingue la publicidad del contenido, aparte de estar infringiendo las normas de adsense.
    Saludos !!

Please add the words "advertising" above ads by adsense.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Yeah Catalyst, as you can see in the screenshot Google Analytics Blocking is disabled. :wink:

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah sorry I read the screenshot wrong because I'm all over the place. Ads are important too because it's how we pay for the cost of running the site which isn't cheap and it's only going to get more expensive. We would actually appreciate if you guys supported us by leaving that on. We really don't barrage you with ads anyway. Staff however can feel free to turn that off though because you give back in many ways and we don't want you to have any annoying distractions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List