Avast keeps showing "No internet connection"

Discussion in 'PC' started by Rotten.Surfer, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Rotten.Surfer

Rotten.Surfer Ultrasonic

From few days ago I have this issue:

First, in right bottom corner I saw a sign with the small red circle and x in it - looking like this:
    avast secureline disconnected.JPG
    And when I put cursor over that small cross it shows a message: Avast SecureLine: Disconnected

But when I hover it over Avast symbol right next to it, it says: You are protected

Ok, I'm a bit confused so I click on Avast icon and then on "SecureLine VPN" and THEN, I've got this:
    Avast No internet connection.JPG
    As you can see, it says: "No internet connection" but I do have internet and I'm using it regularly without any other issue. I also tried to click on Reload button but nothing changed.

Do you have any idea why do I see this messages and what should I do to fix this?

Thank you.

3. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Ultrasonic

Sounds to me like you're connected to the internet but not to your vpn. Your computer is proteccted by your antivirus but your internet activities are NOT cloaked by SecureLine VPN. That's what the icon means.

It seems the me the message is saying "You are not surfing anonymously. All connections to your VPN are down. Your antivirus is working but your online content (which should travel to and from SecureLine VPN) cannot be protected at this time."

Possibly your vpn is unreachable at this time.

Or maybe you know this stuff already and have some other concerns?

Use a proxy or surf unprotected (like most of us do). Big Brother can view your activities, even when you use a vpn.