Available Now: Waves CLA MixDown

Discussion in 'Software News' started by devilorcracker, Jul 10, 2017.

1. TW

TW Guest

What should waves do? Except creating low button count preset plugins? I mean really every one that knows the waves plugins well, knows their Renaisance plugins are still really great plugins. RVOX e.g. is still a go to comp for me. And its really old. Waves has every plugin you can imagin. Hard to come up with something new for them.

All they can do is creat endorser presets at the moment.

Seems to be nice for songwriting. A all-in-one Master Bus plugin just for tracking and writing my own music. If the CPU usage is good i see a reason to use it.

I`d rather take this than the 9000000000 vca compressor emulation. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  2. reggiejaxx

reggiejaxx Member

Well comedians and Whiners will always chime in for the attention but just like the $29 ssl-e channel strip i don't see the harm in getting a quality master buss plugin for $29 bucks.

Waves pricing used to be obnoxiously high, these are great tools for the new lower prices.If it's not for you great just keep it moving.

100% .... because not everyone is a seasoned engineer and i think these tools will eventually get people into learning to develop their own chain.Great new pricing by waves.I personally bought the SSLe strip for $25 bucks and i already have slate everything,uad P.A and nebula..these might be newer algos but waves aren't crap by any means, i swear even if it were free aome people would complain.

3. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

Unbelievable.

4. I wouldn't want my music to sound like it had been mixed by Chris Loud-Aggro.

5. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

No. The point is that they don't want to. Some people just want easy, quick fixes. Toontrack have an entire series of plugins based on that. I'm not even going to use this plugin, but considering that for 29$ you get two buss compressors, SSL console saturation and Pultec eq curves, it's not a bad deal. And as someone who doesn't know a lot about color grading or video effects, I'd love this kind of thing for video software. Because learning to do EVERYTHING yourself isn't possible.

6. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When it comes to mastering, I'm a control freak too!

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

The Audio on this Vid WTF ? lol

8. Did nobody notice that this grammy award winning master audio engineer was running the mixdown from his multimillion award winning analog console into his award winning Waves mixdown plugin IN THE RED? I mean before he even hit the plug, he was over?

I think desperation is a terrible trait in an ageing rock star.

9. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

I noticed some phase issues in the video. I guess that's why they made the video unlisted on YT now.