Autotune (S.O.S. Help needed)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ElMoreno, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

My friends, thank you all for your efforts & tips for me, you are fantastic... :mates:

> Warped Effect
    On my voice file the AT effect is not as good as in the videos I see around, even if someone is sung like mine... Perhaps, as recycle wrote, I have to record a voice of better quality (this was recorded with a Samsung phone). :yes:

> recycle
    It's very fun to hear my voice with different chords (because my chords harmony are different), you did a great job... and, please, which AT and what settings did you use? :winker:
    I would repeat the same to see if my AT works well, I start to have some doubts! :woot:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Warped Effect

Warped Effect Ultrasonic

@ElMorenoElMoreno Try using Waves Tune Real-Time, and change it's settings to the exact same in the below screenshot, I personally think it sounds better than Antares AutoTune.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  3. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

nicely done. very informantive for the op.

4. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

sounds like something worth trying!

5. recycle

recycle Guest

Demo with your voice autotuned:
    https://picosong.com/wNDmm

Pic of autotune setting for this demo:
    [​IMG]

In this case I used Waves tune plugin. Notice that to use a midi file for input, the button “Receive midi” has to be activated and a separate midi track has to be connected in DAW. When receiving midi there is no need to set the plugin root note and scale.

The instumental song is a composition I'm working on, dedicated to the sound of 70's italian prog-rock

6. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

While I personally HATE the "T-Pain effect", there's probably a better way to go about getting it -- just use a vocoder, or a vocoder in conjunction with Autotune. My personal favorite is Orange Vocoder, although I'm not sure they're still making that one. Most soft-synths (especially stuff modeled on the older analog synths) have some sort of sidechain input for just this purpose.

There's also Autotune FX, which is geared specifically for this effect, and (sigh) an actual plug called "The T-Pain Effect" that iZotope put out.

7. recycle

recycle Guest

I know what you mean and you’re right: our ears are saturated with pop / trap productions that overuse autotune as if that were the coolest sound ever. Thankfully there is always someone who has a good idea: converting great classics tunes from major to minor and viceversa.
    This is 100% autotune art

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Autotune -- I've been using it since v2 as a corrective tool -- I just can't stand that "effect", especially when people use it in lieu of actually singing.

Those re-tuned songs are interesting! I thought "Black or White" turned out a lot better than "Take On Me".

9. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Sorry and thanks to all... maybe I'm NUT but I'm going crazy!!! :woot:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019