Autonomous Driving?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lukehh, Jan 6, 2017.

?

Would you use an autonomous driving car?

1. YES! Absolutely, so I can make music while my car drives.

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. YES! But only if there's still a steering wheel left.

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. NO! Never, Never..absolutely NEVER! I dont trust in these technique!

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. ...or on the contrary, traffic accidents will become historic in the scope of the devistation in maiming and deaths if there is a malfunction caused by a hack or other reason for the system to go haywire.

2. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Not only there are cars and development in question. Until there is no proper infrastructure(which also mean most transport could be non human driven), i don't find it is viable option for me from safety reasons. There is still too much need to be done. There are still to much unvanted, unexpected dangerous situations, which proper infrastructure need to adress. Cars alone are not enough, no matter technology. Something will sooner or later go wrong and proper infrastucture should support situations like that to prevent bigger damage.

4. G String

G String Rock Star

Instead of looking to hi-tech we should be going lo-tech in transport. Cars should be go-karts - tiny, efficient and relatively slow (at least for commuters/city traffic). Slower traffic allows higher density. Slower, lighter vehicles reduce energy in crashes, reducing the need for big "safe" cars. "Safety" features are heavy. [Big, safe cars aren't safer if you get hit by one]

Instead it's going the other way - cars are getting bigger and heavier. Electric cars weigh 25% more - because of the batteries. Add-in a super computer to do autonomous driving and personal transport will have transformed into ludicrous, big, expensive, heavy monsters when the demand should be the other way.

Electricity can be transmitted through the air, like radio waves, xrays, whatever. That would obviate the need for batteries in everything, again reducing the energy of crashes. Cars are killing the planet. Britain is trashed by traffic, roads, pollution, parking..........eventually nobody is going to be able to move. Notice how car adverts always show empty roads? Yeah, sure.

5. G String

G String Rock Star

Wow, yeah. How are you reading and responding to posts here? Audio and voice? Everything must be infinitely more trying. How well do DAWs accommodate blind users? Real instruments and equipment must be less difficult to use, I suspect.

There's a new braille screen that is coming out - like a Kindle, but using braille. The screen has little bumps that can be felt by the fingertips. Could be fantastic for braille users. Mind you, Ivona voice synthesis is so good already maybe there's little need for braille..... Anyway - good luck!

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I also like manual gears and the sound of a roaring machine, but I also like Windows XP... you know what I mean? It is the future and you just have to let go and embrace the change at some point. :wink:

7. ia

ia Producer

just use McFACT for encryption:wink:

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

While at it, use iLok as a key. :wink: