Automatize Audacity

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by toni_aguirre, Jul 9, 2016.

1. toni_aguirre

toni_aguirre Newbie

I would like to use a particular sequence of steps in Audacity for a lot of files, so I would like to ask if you guys know if there is an easy way to write a program to do so. I am not particularly good at this nor have a broad programming background. What I would like to do is: open a file from a folder, cut the first second, apply an effect (maybe a lowpass filter) and save with certain characteristics. Then repeat from all the files in such folder. Is there any youtube video or really simple way of doing so?
    Thanks!:wink:

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

4. toni_aguirre

toni_aguirre Newbie

That could help me with the filter part, but it doesn't work for the rest. I mean, I would like to do some cuting and pasting before and after these effects, and this option is not available in the batch processing. Also I would like to open the file as raw and save as .raw with the options that it usually displays, and it is not possible in this way. But thanks anyway :)

5. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

There used to be a Windoze freeware tool called TinyTask. It could record keystrokes and mouse clicks and play them back for you. Would something similar be of use to you?