Automation Mix Knob

Discussion in 'Logic' started by jomali96, May 11, 2016.

1. jomali96

jomali96 Ultrasonic

Hey guys! Quick question on automation:

Oftentimes, I write some stuff in latch mode, really aprecciate the results but want to "back off" a bit.
    Is there a way to move the automation I wrote more to the initial value, making the automation less drastic just like a mix knob?

Hope you have an idea!
    DAW: Logic Pro X
    Josh

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You can select the "Automation select tool" select all the automation points and drag them up/down.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  4. jomali96

jomali96 Ultrasonic

Thanks for your answer :)
    Doesnt work the way I wanted, though :(
    I want the automation to move in relation to the initial value and not just up or down.
    For example: If I automated a tracks level first 5db above 0 and then 5 db below 0, I'm now searching for a knob that can minimize this value.
    Move the "mix knob" -2db := tracks are now automated first 3db above 0 and then 3db below 0.

5. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

6. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Not sure I get you, but how about not selecting the reference values with the AS tool? Select the positive ones (hold shift while clicking) and move them, then the negatitve (if the case) and move them...

7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

I find using a Bus for the extra level of "freedom&control" to work great it such a case a yours.

simuler, i use a "submix" Bus where i route everything to at the end (drum bus, bass bus etc) before the finna Master fader/channel. that way i add another control point/layer where i can adjust volume.

a quick way out of your issue could be to look at the pre/post fader on the track (if you are using some send efx/parrallel stuff) maybe there is room to get extra volume that way.

Im sure there are other workarounds, but i dont know logic that well honestly.