Automatic crossfades while slicing audio files

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Triple, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi! I want to edit a vocal track (before I apply any compression or de-essing to it) and change the volume of sibilant consonants only.
    DAWs like Logic or StudioOne allow to easily select such a "s" consonant in the waveform, make a slice at the beginning and the end of the "s" sound, and automatically create e.g. 10ms crossfades at the slice points.
    Can FL Studio10 (or 12) do such automatic crossfades while slicing an audio file?

If not, is there some high quality free audio editor which has such handy features?

Cheers!

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Reaper is the only DAW that I know of where you can easily make an action/macro to automate such a task and assign it to a kb/midi shortcut. Something like, slice at loop/selection points and lower the volume of the selected item. But that would require learning how to use a DAW

4. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

S1 has this function to. I love macros!!

5. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

Samplitude and Sequoia can to that easily too.

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

What I really meant by "that I know of" is between REAPER, Ableton, and FL Studio.
    Wow, I remember doing that manually in Acid Pro years ago with a dozen or so vox/bg tracks per project. Ouch.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016