Auto DJ'ing - Is there such software?

Discussion in 'DJ' started by mercurysoto, Aug 23, 2018.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Hi folks, I'm totally uneducated about the DJ'ing world, so I apologize in advance if I rub people here the wrong way, but there's only one way to find out. I want a piece of software that can playback automatically generated tempo-matched playlists of my music collection with crossfades and all the gimmicky of DJ'ed music.

Thank you for your replies.

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
  4. DJK

DJK Rock Star

xylio futre dj pro
    its got auto playback and can set the crossfade times, vdj is good but as far as i know its not got auto playback

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

its linking to the sister site if you took time to check

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Yep, I know, but interesting interpretation of the rules. Let's wait and see. :yes:

8. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Why stop at DJing? Try this one. It's free and you could not only put together autoDJ playlists but, also, set yourself up as a radio station, hospital radio service, unattended lobby/venue broadcast and..... well....... see for yourself.
    http://www.radiodj.ro/

You will also need to install a mySQL database to store your audio and files, playlists and schedules but that's super easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Hi @mercurysoto :)

As a long time NI Traktor user I can assure you it can automatically "mix" your playlist. It is just a matter of putting it in so called "cruise mode" by pressing the icon on the top right next to full-screen. Then you can activate the sync button on each deck and it will automatically beat match.

I would advise you to prepare your tracks. You can do this with markers:

- check the beat grid marker (make sure Traktor recognized the right tempo, downbeat..)
    - the next track automatically loads, but you can choose the position by setting the load marker wherever you want
    - in settings you choose the cross-fade time
    - you also have the fade-in/out markers

Search for Traktor cruise mode. There should be a ton of videos. This one is ancient and doesn't show the various markers, but it was the first that came up:

Edit (disclaimer): I've never used this feature (but I guess it is nice if a lovely lady shows up ad just doesn't want to leave in time, lol). I guess this is possible on every pro/semi pro DJ SW. It makes sense, if you are jumping between mixing and doing other stuff. Otherwise a simple "mixtape" will do the job and can let you just enjoy the party..
    :winker:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Also if it has some sort of mixer that comes with a fog machine option and cool mask that'd be great. I prefer dinosaurs

please let me know asap because I have gigs starting this weekend...

11. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

12. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I've been asking the same question for years and have yet to find a real solution, sure some of the things mentioned already in this thread are really good but they lack continuity and that human touch, which is why I still have 3 1200's and and my trusty Nurmark mixer. Trust me I would love to have a gig and get paid just for standing in the D.J. booth and do fucking nothing but wave my hands and just watch my laptop do all the work,but so far the closest thing I've seen is using Mixed in key and still had to set up my nightly play list in Ableton, but if you're looking to just have basic mixdown for a small party etc etc , then most of the software mentioned above will do the trick ,just don't think you're gonna get away with that fake crap in front in a real night club crowd. They know better, which is exactly why so many big name dj's have been called out on the bullshit they try to pull off

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. DJK

DJK Rock Star

i totally agree, with vinyl it was a skill a craft that took a while to master, make a mistake and everyone hears it, no sync button on sl1210`s, now all the dj`s wave their hands about like crazy, and pretend to push buttons and turn faders, when actually its the artist who made the track, digital dj`ing is more creative for the best like carl cox ect,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

A long shot, but a shot
    i remember in the old Winamp player, there was a function with setting up how you wanted crossfades to work (how fast/slow) and then you just chuck in your playlist for the dinnerparty, and there it was.