Auralia&Musition-The world's most powerful Ear Training&Music Theory softwares

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Mar 4, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

These 2 softs and also EarMaster use almost inaccurate soundfonts. For training, nothing more important than that.

4. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

:trolls:

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Why? Not better to use a violin bow. My head getting deformed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016
  6. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Because you keep saying crap. Ear training isn't about accurate sounding instruments, it's about pitches.

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes you're absolutely right. But for comparing pitches, chords, ... having close frequency shapes in notes are necessary for me as novice in ear training.

Windows "gm.dls" at "C:\Windows\System32\Drivers" is so bad and also "FluidR3 GM EarMaster.sf2" for EarMaster yield different soundings for each octave.

I have not tested well other instruments inside them but for the piano sounds, they're strange.

I don't have this problem using synths inside DAWs. I just want to focus on pitches not their characteristics or timbre at this time.

Please compare below sounds. Synth is perfect. Different interpretations would happen for me during training using windows midi.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2016

Attached Files:

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Most people talk more about the triad chords and less the dyads (1 note dropped). Below ones (5th and 4th intervals) are my favorites forever. I don't know what magic is in them. Every time I play 5th and 4th, I am in a frenzy of joy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016

Attached Files:

9. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

u really don t know what u talk about,i m starting to think u r hopeless.Ear master is used in colleges,Auralia is used at berklee,but for u they have inaccurate soundfonts.maybe it s time that u learn what their purpose is.the tone quality is not so important there,and if u use earmaster with the piano soundfont u don t really care whether it sounds like a fazioli or a vertical piano,it does its job.But im pretty sure that,as u ve proven so far, u r attempting for the umpteenth time to show that for u most music related stuff is useless.U are lazy and don t want to learn.But the worst thing is that in your continuous efforts to find loopholes,u spend more time and energy than u d do by studying music,and i m sad to tell u that u,and i mean u in particular,can t learn anything without a serious guide,and by serious guuy i mean a physical person next to u that u pay to teach u, not the people who give u advices every now and tem on a forum

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. duskwings

i m making an effort trying not to insult u, because u ve written something so stupid that s it s even ahrd to believe that someone might have thought it:according to your reasoning if u learned ear training on a piano u couldn t recognize intervals and melodies on a guitar or a flute or whatever.

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

You mean St Kouros? Please be careful! You're setting foot in a dangerous path!

12. duskwings

no i dont mean him, he gave up trying to help u since it s a waste of time

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

Who said that? I am just trying to focus on a single instrument. Your advice is for my next step.

14. foster911

foster911 Guest

No, He is so generous and what he gives me is some kind of charity or poor rate.

15. duskwings

ear training is universal,odesnt matter what instruent u use,it s not that u have to start over for every instrument

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

Who said that again? I am totally in agreement with you. But for comparing for example m2 and M2 intervals, I am comfortable with the synths sounds. If you'd notice, windows midi's sounds change abruptly almost every 8 notes that is a bit confusing for me.

Synth sounds are not jolly as real instruments but are 100% accurate. I mean by changing the notes, just their frequency is being shifted.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  17. duskwings

it doesnt change anything,the frequencies r the same

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

What do you mean by the same?

19. duskwings

i give up, i told u to buy a harmony book, and someone even got mad because i suggested u that, deal with them, i won t say anything more

20. odod

odod Rock Star

hmm ... for me there's always a choice between manual eartraining or app based eartraining .. is up to you actually
    just no need to being too technical about the app itself ..

21. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I use LoopBe internal midiports and send Earmaster to Kontakt for better sounding instruments..

But hey i also didnt like the sound of Auralia in my iPad (but those two program will do for training purposes best is to find a friend who you can practice with)
    My guess is if they would use good sounding instruments it would be a very very big program and also most likely require a very powerful machine.