auditioning midi/note clips through the selected VST track?

Discussion in 'BitWig' started by bIlZbUb, Jan 5, 2024.

1. bIlZbUb

bIlZbUb Newbie

hey guys dont know if anyone has experienced this but in other DAWs i've used (studio one/reaper) i am able to select a midi file in the browser and itll play that midi through the VST I have loaded (track selected).. in Bitwig I only get the raw midi notes (whether its drums or melody)... anyone aware of a way I can achieve this? so frustrating having to bring in the tracks specifically one at a time, audition them and then delete them if i dont like that.

thanks in advance and hello from California. . .

bIlz

3. RajuPalliBabu

RajuPalliBabu Ultrasonic

Im also bitwig user so i went and tried and couldnt get it to work. Atleast for now

There could be a workaround if we would have some sort of vst midi browser that could pass the preview on

edit

This got me interested and i tried toontrack ezkeys 2 and theres option in that plugin to pass the midi forward to the next isntrument on that track. It has really nice midi browser because it has tons of stuff in its own. One might just drag and drop the midi files or folders there. Ofc bummer is you need to have ezkeys 2

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024