Auditioning MIDI in FL Studio Browser

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Remi, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Remi

Remi Member

Hello all,

A quick one: is it possible to audition MIDI files from the FL Browser directly. Obviously not without tweaking something as it does not work out of the box. I would prefer not to have to drop MIDIs to a channel instrument to audition hundreds of files.

Please let me know if that's something you have dealt with in the past. I'm on FL Studo 12 but will soon switch to 20.5, if that makes any difference.

Thank you.

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Not possible. You have to open it in new channel or focused plugin. Another way is to select a generator and Ctrl+Click will send the MIDI to it, or Shift+Up/Down will scroll through them.

4. Remi

Remi Member

Using the generator method. Slow to audition many files but that's the way it goes. Many thanks.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

YVW> As the saying goes it is what it is brother. At least you don't have to drag and drop. And if you chose the right generator it is better than a simple sinewave tone.

6. Remi

Remi Member

That's right. Your catchphrase still applies. Thanks for your help as always.