Audioz: What about "Thanks" in comments?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by au38wzh, May 15, 2015.

1. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

It's often mentioned (and should be understood by everyone now, right?), that requests are only allowed in the requests section.
    But what about "Thanks" in comments?

From Audioz rules:
    "We really don't like flood in comments, including messages like "Thanks" or :wink: - Please use Thanks Button and Post's Rating to show your appreciation;
    Comments are open to discuss the release, not to make pointless statements, post requests or requests for new links."

In other words: No requests, no thanks in Comments on Audioz. Right?

Thanks for the hard work: here and there! :wink:

3. TrollaMite

TrollaMite Newbie

Hi i'm a total noob on audioz, but i love this site already, appreciate all the hard work that goes into the releases and site. you said comments section is not for request and such, i havent done that but as a noob here, where do you make requests?

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Exactly, but is always appreciable that you commenting if you know something about posted stuff that others don't(i.e. valuable informations like release notes, if there are none in descriptions or some experiences, bad or good) or answer questions, that people may have and and you know answers on it. :wink:

5. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

Top of the left, under SOFTWARE,SAMPLES,EDUCATION ect.

6. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Well, I've never made a request in AZ because I think it's useless. And I think the only purpose of the request section is to avoid the flood of comments section with requests: and "Mac please" and "PC please" and all that kind of stuff. The thanks rule is not so black and white to me. There are so many ungrateful people around there that makes me want to say "Thanks" once in a while. But, yes, too much thanks can be annoying sometimes.

7. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

No requests. And its best if thanking to have something besides 'thanks' like something useful to put into the conversation.

8. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Navigation>submit new post>"i understand"> on right under "Categories" you choose requests and fill the form.

9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I'm going to do my best to explain, making a request in the comment area is is a waste of space As it has nothing to do with a damn thing related to the "SHARE"!! And as far as I am concerned doing so is nothing more than selfish spam. Personally I think anybody that does that should be banned!!! Now as far as saying "Thanks" in the comment section, well that is a grey area. People do it all the time but those people fail to realize that by doing so they are not helping at all. The posts on AudioZ have a certain Hierarchy and that is based "Up Votes" and how many push the "Thanks" button NOT because someone decided to type thanks in the comment section. The top ten list is based on very basic mathematical algorithms, It's not like the site has some bad ass system the reads all the comments and then decides what is useful or not and if a certain release belongs in the "WEEKLY TOP" All of that is based on Stats and those come from people using the system the way it was intended. Of course many still say thanks in the comment section, after all the rules do say: "Please use Thanks Button and Post's Rating to show your appreciation" PLEASE is a keyword there and get abused every day, However... What is overlooked most is "Post's Rating" and that is the real secret of which posts get in the "WEEKLY TOP" or not. Think about it!!!!

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Over Thankers should be tarred and feathered.

There's a thanks button, it should be enough...

Personally it makes me ill to wade constantly thru pages of thanks, and shit like Sunny for president etc..

Also the incessant arguing and complaining about up-loaders, hosts, teams etc...

Its like a kindergarten.

Hey Mykal, wasssup..!!

By the way, 1992 called.. it wants its animated avatar back.. :rofl:

Sorry man, couldn't resist. :mates:

11. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Actually it can be useful when you stumble upon a sample pack that isn't very know so uploaders don't know if there's a demand for that.

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

We generally mean that we don't like flood comments such as thanks for this. :wink: especially when it's generic and posted on every thread. In that case just use the thanks button. That being said if you feel a lot of gratitude and want to express your enthusiasm from time to time then it's cool. I know that for some members it might be annoying to see so many thanks but I think it's important to the teams and uploaders and they really appreciate it because otherwise it ends up being complaints and not much else.

As far as I remember thanks are not factored into the Weekly Top but rather it's based on upvotes. Many don't realize that these are two different things and we would appreciate it if people use both when appropriate. Thanks is to say thanks and upvotes are when you feel enthusiastic about a release. I would appreciate it if advanced members would make use of the upvotes because they help newcomers make a decision as to what is a quality release and like I said it affects the weekly top. You can upvote by hitting the + sign at the bottom of a post where the upvote counter is. Downvoting should only be saved for certain situations such as a release is using another team's work without credit or isn't properly packed. Don't downvote because you don't like a release because that's not helpful at all.

13. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Smoke
    Makes a staircase
    For you
    to descend.
    So rare...

Laurie Anderson

14. HalleBnLilSis

HalleBnLilSis Member

Thank U Catalyst. :rofl:

2 B Tuthful, It's Hard Not 2 Say Thank U At Timez With So Much GREAT STUFF Shared By Soooooooo Many Wonderful AudioZ Uploaderz. And It Iz MOST IMPORTANT 2 Us That They Know That They R ABSOLUTELY Appreciated PERIOD. :wink: *yes* :bow:

15. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that "thanks" were also factored in

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

No problem, that's what I'm here for. Initially I thought that maybe it should be factored in as well because some people never make use of the upvotes because they probably think that the counter is a thanks counter but it's actually a separate feature. Not sure what's best in this situation really. I guess it wasn't done because then older thanked posts would end up being in the Weekly Top and we wouldn't want that. This way only posts that came after the upvote feature are factored in rather than the thanks feature which we've had for a long time now and would negatively affect the results of what is the top this week.

17. Pereira

Pereira Producer

this is exactly what I thought about this topic. I thought the same way that it was important to manifest gratitude to the teams and uploaders for they effort, hoping they appreciate it, above all if exposed in an original way, not using a trivial and anonymous generic "thanks a lot".
    I'm not an active member of the community, I don't have means and tools to contribute concretely; I thought that this was the only tool available to me, encourage motivation through the appreciation (which was anyway always real and heard).
    I'm not so sure now about this behaviour, I think that most of contributors and all teams, don't care a damn thing of my thanks, surely other members, as you point out, can be annoyed (or something else.....).
    So, in the end the final balance is for me negative.
    But anyway, thanks a lot Catalyst (you see, hard to break the habit *no* ...),your opinion comforts me that I didn't do completely bad. :dunno: